Saenin, the Chaotic Battlemage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koraq

02-03-2012

As a part of my application for the Creative Designer position with RIOT, I submitted with my resume a document containing five champion concepts. However, I've decided that in addition to submitting those five, I will be creating new concepts and posting them here in this thread along with the original five champions.

Saenin, The Chaotic Battlemage
Fighter, Carry, Mage, Pusher

Passive - Unstable Magic
400 Radius
Saenin goes into a madness driven rage as he fights, gaining Chaos with each attack he lands on enemy champions.
The unstable nature of his chaotic magics causes his Chaos to deteriorate quickly when not being fueled by combat, losing 10 Chaos per second after 8 seconds have passed from his last successful attack.
With every other spell cast, Saenin deals (Level*4)+(AP*Chaos/400) in an area around himself.

Q – Frenzied Strike
+5 Chaos
4 Second Cooldown

Saenin strikes his target for 30/60/90/120/150+(AP*Chaos/300)+(AD*Chaos/200) magic damage and becomes more enraged the longer his victims live, gaining 5 extra Chaos and (Chaos/5)% attack speed with each subsequent strike on the same target. Stacks up to 3 times.

W – Battle Craze
400 Radius
+10 Chaos
4 Second Cooldown

Passive: Saenin’s hunger for battle causes the devastation he wreaks to rejuvenate him, granting him {Chaos/2}% Spell Vamp and Life Steal.
Active: Saenin’s insatiable lust for destruction saps the will to fight from enemy champions and fuels his own chaotic rage, lowering enemy armor and magic resists by 1/2/3/4/5 and increasing Saenin’s armor and magic resist by the same values for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Saenin can gain multiple stacks from multiple enemies.

E – Explosive Rush
+15 Chaos
10 Second Cooldown
650 Range

Saenin dashes forward, colliding with his target and channeling a blast of pure chaotic magic through them that deals 60/110/160/210/260+(AP*Chaos/200) magic damage, and detonates behind them dealing 40/80/120/160/200+(AP*Chaos/250} magic damage in a cone.

R – Overwhelming Madness
Can only be used at 50 or more Chaos
+50 Chaos
180/160/140 Second Cooldown
600 Radius

Saenin becomes overtaken by the chaotic magics he uses in combat, going berserk and vastly increasing the potency of his magic. For eight seconds, Saenin’s maximum Chaos is increased to 150, and Unstable Magic triggers with every attack. At the end of this effect, Saenin consumes all of his Chaos, all stacks of Frenzied, and all stacks of Battle Craze, doing 200/300/400 (AP*Chaos/100) magic damage to all surrounding enemies.

Saenin’s kit is designed to make Saenin a melee mage with an exponentially increasing threat factor. His skills fill up his resource bar, Chaos, which in turn fuels his attacks by ramping up their scaling. At 0, Saenin has flat zeroes across the board, but as his Chaos bar fills his attacks quickly become a barrage of severe pain.

Frenzied Strike and Battle Craze are designed to rapidly ramp up Saenin’s damage as a fight progresses, while Explosive Rush helps Saenin to repeatedly jump on and punish a single target, or to jump around the battlefield giving him a lot of mobility. Lastly, his ult dramatically increases his lethality for a short time, but leaves Saenin drained.

Saenin thrives in extended combat. As a fight drags on, Saenin will hit increasingly fast, increasingly hard, while lifestealing and spellvamping an increasingly large amount of health from the damage he deals.

Frenzied Strike is the primary source of Saenin’s damage, a low cooldown spell that increases his attack speed and deals heavy damage when paired with his passive. If Saenin isn’t dealt with quickly, Frenzied Strike paired with Unstable Magic will make short work of most targets.

Battle Craze helps allow Saenin to survive while slowly whittling down his enemies’ defenses to increase the potency of his strikes. After ramping up, Battle Crazy also grants Saenin a large amount of Life Steal and Spell Vamp. This makes Saenin increasingly hard to kill, as the DPS required to burn Saenin’s health down begins to rise steeply in order to overcome the rapidly rising HPS returns.

Explosive Rush gives Saenin the ability to jump around in a teamfight with enough CDR, making this a lethal skill for both the mobility and the damage it packs. This forces Saenin and his target to grapple for positioning in order to control the direction the blast fires, and punishes enemies that run from a fight and leave their allies behind.

Finally, Overwhelming Madness is an ‘all in’ maneuver that dramatically increases Saenin’s ability to dominate his opponents for a few seconds, but Saenin absolutely must finish a fight before his ultimate ends or he will be left completely vulnerable to retaliation from the enemy team.

DawnAlmighty007

02-03-2012

wt... what is this saying? LOL

The spell descriptions are terrible

Koraq

02-03-2012

His resource scales from 0 to 100.

If he has 50 Chaos and 100 AP, and a spell does (Chaos/200) * AP damage, then he will do (50/200) = .25 * 100 = 25 damage.

Koraq

02-04-2012

Bump.

BAMzamPEWkaBOOM

02-04-2012

So basically he is a mage whos spells become more powerful the more he fights. i would play that champion for sure. very unique

Blueish Devil

02-05-2012

Unique concept, I like it so long as it remains balanced and not impossible to play. I would like to see this champion in the game.

Koraq

02-05-2012

He was pretty fun to come up with. He's actually not particularly complicated as far as number balancing or playstyle, either -- even though his AP ratio/resource system looks like it is.

Probeast5000

11-14-2012

Nifty, I like it.