What runes to buy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrunkCaramel

02-03-2012

I generally like to play AD offtanks/bruisers/assassins/junglers

Suggestion on runes?

First time to level 20 - so I have 0 experience in the rune department. Was guessing

Mark - A. Pen / A. Speed / Damage (damage = last option?)
Seal - Flat armor?
Glyph - Flat or per level M. Res

Quint - ?

CrunkCaramel

02-03-2012

bump

Okami Kageteiru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

armpen marks , flat armor yellows, mres/lv blues and ad quints is kinda a standard "one size fits all" rune set. You can also jungle with a lot of junglers with this set up.

CrunkCaramel

02-03-2012

^figured, any other suggestions

Strikerfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami Kageteiru View Post
armpen marks , flat armor yellows, mres/lv blues and ad quints is kinda a standard "one size fits all" rune set. You can also jungle with a lot of junglers with this set up.
I agree completely. There might be champ specific alternations, but that's a good rune page. For AP, just switch armpen to magpen and ad to ap. I usually prefer ap offtanks to ad offtanks. They seem to have more cc and burst ability.

ADGarner

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami Kageteiru View Post
For starting runes it doesn't get better than this. I would only make one alteration and swap one of the quints with a move speed. It's being very meta but that extra little bit will often make the difference between being able to land that one last auto attack or deciding to give up chase cause you have near identical move speeds.

MrJanuary

02-04-2012

AD or AP quints can help with last hits which will boost your cs early game

MetalGuitarist

02-04-2012

There are a million of these threads, search google (shocker!) and you can find them. You can also look up builds for the champs you play to see what is suggested.

Nil Archive

02-05-2012

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...24255#chapter5

Don't listen to what anyone says about runes unless they've read this. This guide on Mobafire has ranks on the runes with evidence to support why.

If you want universally good runes, grab

REDS: ArP / MrP
YELO: Armor
BLUE: MRperLVL
PURP: ArP / MrP / HP / MS

mazzadawizzed

02-06-2012

Armor pen marks, mana regen per level or flat armor seals, MR marks, flat hp quints. I like flat HP quints as they are very relavent to any champ in the game, and at a low level like 20, they are very cheap and effective.