What'd you think of the story?

Great! 41 49.40%
Good 19 22.89%
Average 7 8.43%
Poor 5 6.02%
Sucks! 11 13.25%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

[YOUSO1337 FANFICTION] The Dragon of Desolation (Leona-centric + OC)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Youso1337

04-09-2012

People leave votes, but no comments?

...just isn't the same... =/

Sarkan of Arkham

04-11-2012

Meh, works that way sometimes. tbh I completely forgot about this for a while, looking foward to the conclusion.

gigantism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

I love your fanfic. You do an excellent job with using really cerebral words that still fit the tone of the story. I like the universe you frame and your sentence variation too. And the characterizations for all the champions are unique and fitting.

I guess the only qualm I have is that Plagueis doesn't appear to be all that threatening if you think about it. Sure, we're TOLD he's the embodiment of evil, that champions 'feel a dread' facing him, and that he was a force in the past, but I still don't much see the ramifications of failure; the impact on Runeterra today if Leona fails here. It's kinda implied rather than shown, and I feel it should be emphasized more at some point.

Otherwise, I love your writing and kind of wish I could be as eloquent. Looking forward to the ending.

Youso1337

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantism View Post
I love your fanfic. You do an excellent job with using really cerebral words that still fit the tone of the story. I like the universe you frame and your sentence variation too. And the characterizations for all the champions are unique and fitting.

I guess the only qualm I have is that Plagueis doesn't appear to be all that threatening if you think about it. Sure, we're TOLD he's the embodiment of evil, that champions 'feel a dread' facing him, and that he was a force in the past, but I still don't much see the ramifications of failure; the impact on Runeterra today if Leona fails here. It's kinda implied rather than shown, and I feel it should be emphasized more at some point.

Otherwise, I love your writing and kind of wish I could be as eloquent. Looking forward to the ending.
Good point on Plagueis being a "questionable threat". That'll be addressed in a future chapter.

To put it in perspective, though, at his full strength, Plagueis would be a comparable danger to Alduin (another Skyrim reference ).

Sarkan of Arkham

04-26-2012

Alduin level threat you say? Well granted I haven't played Skyrim so I'm a bit iffy on the details, but complete and utter annihilation of the world really just doesn't mesh with Plagueis's character, insofar as his massive superiority complex goes. Personally I was thinking along the lines of a Kefka/Lavos level apocalypse, wiping out most of everything to the point it woud never truly recover, but leaving enough of the world that he could have something to rule over like the god he sees himself as.

Youso1337

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkan of Arkham View Post
Alduin level threat you say? Well granted I haven't played Skyrim so I'm a bit iffy on the details, but complete and utter annihilation of the world really just doesn't mesh with Plagueis's character, insofar as his massive superiority complex goes. Personally I was thinking along the lines of a Kefka/Lavos level apocalypse, wiping out most of everything to the point it woud never truly recover, but leaving enough of the world that he could have something to rule over like the god he sees himself as.
That probably would've been a better analogy, IMO, though I have "Skyrim fever".

Although I can't really play Skyrim right now because my PC is on the fritz and I gotta get it repaired. I have a laptop, but it's not powerful enough for high-end gaming, so I'm gonna be off League (and Skyrim) for a while.

gigantism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Any developments?

Mirage Night

05-25-2012

Ready for more. I like how your story is progressing.

Yousonerfed

06-15-2012

Blargh, writer's block is a b*tch. That and distractions from playing League and Skyrim don't help. =/

Would any of you mind if I made a preview of the next chapter to pass the time, or would that spoil you?

gigantism

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
Blargh, writer's block is a b*tch. That and distractions from playing League and Skyrim don't help. =/

Would any of you mind if I made a preview of the next chapter to pass the time, or would that spoil you?
Nah, just finish it when you finish it.