Best champs to play dominion with

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carpe Vinum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

#1 Dom champ has got to be Poppy.
Reasons: Walls everywhere for her stun, surprisingly tough, melts faces, dat ult.
Skills: One point in each at start, then prioritize REWQ (Q isn't that great till people start getting a lot of health mid to late game and you start hitting the bonus damage cap)
Items: Start with Sheen, then get basic boots the first time you go back to base. Then get Zeal, then Phage into Trinity Force. Build your boots into Merc Treds. Then cloak, pick, BFS into Infinity Edge. If the game is somehow still going at this point I like to start on gunblade but I almost never finish it. I generally go Vamp. Scep., Hextech Revolver, Vamp into Bilgewater, Finish Gunblade. If you're getting fed enough to actually finish it and have time to build something else you can probably build whatever you want at this point, though I'd probably start stacking more AD or counterbuilding against anyone on the other team who's been giving you trouble to this point. Not that you're going to have more than a few minutes of game left at this point.
Summoners:Ghost (must have), Promote, Garrison, Exhaust, Surge (depending on your preference and play style)
Other good options in no particular order:
AD Sion (Never much liked AP Sion)
Singed
Kassadin
Akali
Warwick
Alistar
Rammus

As long as your team is all there (AFKs are almost always losses on dom, no way around it as the Scar is now...) and at least half competent any one of these guys in the right hands can carry a team to victory. But if your team goes full ****** or the other team is just significantly better than yours you're probably going to lose no matter what champ you pick.

IRONSYT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

I love to play with Tristana...specially the Buster shot, which throws enemies out of a control point, whether capturing or defending.

AlphaFerric

03-26-2012

Really its just how you play your role. I play bot mostly (rarely can trust anyone else to do it) and I can carry a game heavily just by pushing hard enough and zoning opponents away from health relics. Obviously when I want an easy win I'll play yorick at bot, but there is nothing saying any other viable bot can't carry a game if you play well enough such as shyv, viktor, brand, jax, mao etc etc (see sauron's guide for other viable/more common bots). And to add icing on the cake, people are coming up with new viable ways to play champions very frequently (udyr bot, AD Malz ???) and these champs can be played very well.

The same goes for top. You should always be thinking how to improve your current scenario in the game, be it grabbing a health relic, pushing a lane with your team, defending on towers when they are pushing, creating the illusion of an open tower by staying in the jungle (misinformation is a great strat in this game), and a lot of other things (again, see Sauron's dom guide).

I'd say find a few champs (bruisers, ad carries, casters, tanks, bots, roams, etc) you can get very good with and enjoy playing a lot. Once it becomes second nature when playing those champs, start instructing your team if you think they are teh reason you are losing (don't yell out "scrub you're bad", be helpful, make suggestions on how to improve quickly). This is how you can carry a game for you team.

TL;DR: Want a champ who can carry dom? You are that champ!

Hawkwìng

03-26-2012

Here is my OP list.

Rammus
Blitz
Kass
Panth
Jax
Yorick
Urgot

If those 6 were banned every game, I could play in happiness.

TylerJ

03-26-2012

As far as just currying terrible turble people goes, yorick bot and fiora bot have shown me to best results. Yorick basically demands a double-team bot vs most people and Fiora can shred bottom players at early levels, then go troll wtih her ult and let someone else hold top, giving her the ability to mow down 2-3 at a time. Even bad teams can win when your bot suddenly smashes 2-3 at a time...

DangerDavis

03-27-2012

I'd agree Blitzcrank is definitely one of the strongest champions in dominion.

AO Alt

03-27-2012

The top 7 would be: (in no specific order)
Yorick
Kassadin
Pantheon
Wukong
Rammus
Urgot
ww

And other incredibly overpowered ones are:
Ryze
Soraka
Blitz (If you are really good with him)
Malz
Poppy

A bit less so, but still overpowered
Jarvan
Lee Sin
Jax
Maokai

My opinion is based on my 2500 elo experience with several of these champions, and matches with them on my team, or the opposing team.

HagarCool

03-27-2012

I do well very often with Fiddle. Start with a Revolver, Level up drain and fear. Great bot champ. Great tower camper. Can ult into a tower and get kills with fear and drain. DAT SPELL VAMP

Kedoren

03-27-2012

These guys are pretty accurate. AO Alt's was pretty much on the nuts there. There are a few champions I play if I need a win. If we need AD, I play Wukong. If we need AP I play Kassadin. We need a little of both? Poppy. Tanky character? WW. Bottom? Mine is Cassiopeia. Soraka stomps my face though on bottom if she has any brain cells.

FuryGhost

03-27-2012

AD Sion (Bot)
Poppy (Top)
Kassadin (Top)
Akali (Top)
Tryndamere (Bot)

Are the champions I usually go for in a public game that I want to be able to carry and win.