Akali vs. Heimer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TsuKiyoMe

02-03-2012

So this is an embarrassing story... Friend of mine was playing Heimer last night and claiming how great of a champion he was. I, personally, have never played the champion but almost every time I've come up against one I've completely destroyed him in lane with Akali (the champion I have played the most since I started playing about 5~6 months ago) and I pointed that out.

On top of that, everyone I've ever been in a game with has never really done much of anything but feed or use the turrets like shrooms to ward places. So after a heated debate over how useful the champion is, I decided I'd prove to him how badly he'd get beaten by Akali in lane.

And to my surprise . . . I actually got out played, down on CS, and unable to safely attack him. Gave up First Blood too due to a blind/stun. I felt bad about shooting my mouth off after this and I couldn't help but think for the rest of the night

What did I do wrong? Was I too passive? Not aggressive?

How am I supposed to play this matchup against someone who actually KNOWS how to play the character?

tl;dr: Got beat by a really good Heimer with Akali. Really don't understand why or how I'm supposed to approach the matchup. Advice?

PriorityOne

02-03-2012

Heimerdinger is actually not as bad as a lot of people think. Those turrets will really mess up any melee champion that tries to fight him near them.

Grimtrooth

02-03-2012

Heimer actually dumps on melee with gap closers.

If he is near his turrets he actually wants you to get on him, it is easier to land concussion grenade at close range.

IS1e275795df8e19

02-03-2012

Anyone who plays dominion knows how much a pain Heimerdinger can be.

prawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

I'm assuming you did a 1v1 in a custom game?

where Heimer can turret up and push all he wants with no fear of ganks?

He will feast upon your bones. Heimer is obscenely powerful in that situation.

Shadowknoll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

heims one of those champs, he has a play style and its not a normal one. If you don't understand/are good at that style you will feed lol. great champ in the right team/hands though, really can't do anything to a good heim in lane.

TsuKiyoMe

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalShuckle View Post

This is correct. He had me pushed to tower and I basically couldn't leave or even harass.

Should I just focus the turrets and try to make him run out of mana before making my move?

TheMountainGoat

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalShuckle View Post

exactly this^

heimerdinger's biggest problem is his awful mobility, having zero escape abilities and an abysmal 300 MS. in the odd event that the other team has no jungler, heimer can have a field day in his lane.

Backdoor Brian

02-03-2012

Now I remember why Riot nerfed heimers turrents from 5 down to where they are now at 2. Imagine solo top vs a 5 turrent heimer. never would win that lane.

SulphoR

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azraelith View Post
Now I remember why Riot nerfed heimers turrents from 5 down to where they are now at 2. Imagine solo top vs a 5 turrent heimer. never would win that lane.
it wasnt 5, release heimer was 6 turrets. but yeah, you couldnt kill him.