Who counters Cassiopeia in mid besides anti-mages?

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theorycrafter

02-03-2012

I regularly AP mid and whenever there's a Cassiopeia on the other team, I don't really know who to pick.
Is there anyone who can counter her that isn't Galio?
Katarina is the only one that comes to my mind, being a hax skillshot dodger and all, but I don't think that's sufficiently good =/
Suggestions?

Edit: I mean from level 1-2, not after level 6, that's when things get simple.
Edit 2: Wow, why the downvotes, I'm just asking 0_O

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Morgana

Eyeburn

02-03-2012

Ziggs is countering everyone in mid because of his range + AoE. Other than that, you'd have to pick another super safe farmer, like Morgana, and just tolerate the mid lane.

Cass is too strong, as is Kennen, as is Ahri, but they're considered to be skill based champs. Being a skill based champ means you spend 3 games learning them and maybe watch a youtube vid in a guide to see some neat tricks and then you're good to go.

Tell me, what's so skilled about Q > E > E > E > E > E > E? Yes, it's six Es; no, you won't be oom.

Mads being mad.

nkthegreatone

02-03-2012

AP sion

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2012

Galio isn't really an antimage other than the fact he innately counters ap mid without any antimage qualities.

His bulwark craps all over Cass.

Lightsaga

02-03-2012

Assasins, pantheon, Akali, Kass.

Champions like Sion can sometimes do it. If you can get a nice lead with an early jungle gank she's gimped.

Some champions that can use burst early really owns her.

For example: At level 2 if you are annie and dodge the Q she just sent. go in, Q and W her and retreat. Use boots also.

Quite a lot of champions can counter her or safe-farm. The best counter to cass: skills. Boots makes Cass have a lot of troubles hitting you.

Edit: I like how just by naming one champion people disagree with on the list, all my post seems to be irrelevant. This is exactly why champions keep getting nerfed because people just don't listen.

Duriel

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsaga View Post
Assasins, pantheon, Akali, Kass.

Champions like Sion can sometimes do it. If you can get a nice lead with an early jungle gank she's gimped.

Some champions that can use burst early really owns her.

For example: At level 2 if you with annie if you dodge the Q she just sent. go in, Q and W her and retreat. Use boots also.

Quite a lot of mages can counter her or safe-farm. The best counter to cass: skills. Boots makes Cass have a lot of troubles hitting you.
wat?
akali can't sustain through levels 1-6 enough to make it to the point where she eliminates cass
she'll never get her revolver

Vladdypoo

02-03-2012

I could probably beat cassiopeia as urgot, kennen, anivia, ezreal, galio, gragas, morgana, leblanc, soraka, pantheon, akali, sion, kassadin, and zilean

cassiopeia is a skill matchup

FakiZun

02-03-2012

i heard someone starts with X beats the snake hard

Lightsaga

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko View Post
wat?
akali can't sustain through levels 1-6 enough to make it to the point where she eliminates cass
she'll never get her revolver
Level 6 arrives. Cass is level 7-8. AKali still wrecks her.

And like I said: If she's over agressive, a jungle gank will make her sad.

Also Even if you cannot counter her early game. by mid/late game Akali makes ANY cass cry.

I'm a 1700+ ELO Cass player so I would know what I hate and what not =p

Edit because of OP edit: from level 1-5 the best bet agaisn't Cass is safe farming with assasins or so. A few champions do own her at those levels htough or can easily manage to farm and trade blows, Galio, Pantheon, Annie if you dodge Q well enough, and so on. Also, a gank early from your jungler will gimp Cass more than most champs since she really depends on her early game to dominate, so take advantage of that.

12345 ... 8