Clan All or Nothing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reginald

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamenet View Post
Reginald - I urge you to reconsider letting us post and attribute your Annie Guide to the Lol Wiki. I recognize you to be an elite player and guide writer and I'd very much like to display your work

Thanks

Curtis
I would like to apologize, but from my point of view, your lolwiki is more harm to the community than helpful. It seems like you do not read the information/ guides you post on your own website, But you just use the two buttons Control C and Control V. By Most, I mean the majority of your guides are teaching players how to play their champions incorrectly. What is a wiki good for , if not giving players valuable information? You should really read over the stuff you post up on your website. On the other hand I would like to decline your offer. I do not want to be apart of your wiki and i would like to thank you for keeping my information off of your website.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

10-18-2009

The point of a wiki is to be complete: even terribad guides should be included.

HOWEVER, I have been espousing a system where we can separate the wheat from the chaff. Premium guides, such as those from you and Dan and many others, would have attention focused on them, while guides that teach supbar builds would have a note at the top saying that. Most of us editors spend most of our free time playing LoL, and editing second . So it takes a little bit to get these changes implemented.

EDIT: I chime in with what L0cust said. That was quite the respectful response

Contriving StyLe

The Council

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
I would like to apologize, but from my point of view, your lolwiki is more harm to the community than helpful. It seems like you do not read the information/ guides you post on your own website, But you just use the two buttons Control C and Control V. By Most, I mean the majority of your guides are teaching players how to play their champions incorrectly. What is a wiki good for , if not giving players valuable information? You should really read over the stuff you post up on your website. On the other hand I would like to decline your offer. I do not want to be apart of your wiki and i would like to thank you for keeping my information off of your website.
I commend you for posting something more than hate. Thank you. I hope this trend continues.

-Former #1 Fan of ReginaId

edit: oh wait..

Shugs

10-18-2009

Quote:
The purpose of the 2 to 1 ratio is to test the ability of the players. The main purpose is to motivate players into winning and begin playing with others. During tryouts i expect players to communicate well and follow up with each other. Usually Solo queuers lack map awareness and team communication.

I am looking for players with potential that are humble. However i do expect them to understand the general aspects of competitive play.
I'd just like to point out a major flaw here. You're implementing a rather blank filter, which can limit your recruits.

1) 100 games played doesn't equate to absolute goodness. I haven't played near that much, but I know how to control my character and coordinate with teammates. I know which item builds to go for, and how to adapt based on not only what the other team's line-up is, but also what items they're getting and their play-style. But, by your requirements, I'm not worthy of even app'ing.

2) 2-1 ratio? While in practice this is a good idea, but you forget one major thing: People leave in matches. They get disconnected/ragequit/etc. I myself have the bug where it sometimes wont let me connect to a game, giving my team a 4v5 disadvantage. These can all attribute to a loss, just from one player down.

Then, if they get just one bad player on their team who feeds early, it's pretty hard to recover from that. Another easy and yet common place for a loss. What you're doing is essentially telling other people they have to create premade teams for their first 100 games, just to get their ratio high? Then, what is the point to applying for your clan? They would have already established a 'clan' within their first 100 games of playing.

Doesn't that mean you're looking for players who are not only elitist, but use others to get a high ratio then abandon them just to join a clan? I sense nothing in here that speaks of humbleness.

If you're really looking to establish a good clan, simply be on the lookout for good members. Number of games does not equate skill. Number of ranked matches does not equate skill. Is it that hard to have your members play public games, and look out for potential recruits?

A lot of my friends and I play public games so that we can meet people and gain friends. It's also a lot more casual and fun. Are you saying that players like us are not 'worthy' enough for your 'humble' clan? You can argue that 'public games are much easier than ranked!!!' and while you're right, it also does not mean we don't know how to play.

Lollerman

10-18-2009

I'd gladly contribute to your clan's "or nothing" name sake.

But I'm bad...

Reginald

10-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugs View Post
I'd just like to point out a major flaw here. You're implementing a rather blank filter, which can limit your recruits.

1) 100 games played doesn't equate to absolute goodness. I haven't played near that much, but I know how to control my character and coordinate with teammates. I know which item builds to go for, and how to adapt based on not only what the other team's line-up is, but also what items they're getting and their play-style. But, by your requirements, I'm not worthy of even app'ing.

2) 2-1 ratio? While in practice this is a good idea, but you forget one major thing: People leave in matches. They get disconnected/ragequit/etc. I myself have the bug where it sometimes wont let me connect to a game, giving my team a 4v5 disadvantage. These can all attribute to a loss, just from one player down.

Then, if they get just one bad player on their team who feeds early, it's pretty hard to recover from that. Another easy and yet common place for a loss. What you're doing is essentially telling other people they have to create premade teams for their first 100 games, just to get their ratio high? Then, what is the point to applying for your clan? They would have already established a 'clan' within their first 100 games of playing.

Doesn't that mean you're looking for players who are not only elitist, but use others to get a high ratio then abandon them just to join a clan? I sense nothing in here that speaks of humbleness.

If you're really looking to establish a good clan, simply be on the lookout for good members. Number of games does not equate skill. Number of ranked matches does not equate skill. Is it that hard to have your members play public games, and look out for potential recruits?

A lot of my friends and I play public games so that we can meet people and gain friends. It's also a lot more casual and fun. Are you saying that players like us are not 'worthy' enough for your 'humble' clan? You can argue that 'public games are much easier than ranked!!!' and while you're right, it also does not mean we don't know how to play.

Yes that is simply what im saying-- learn to make premades and play in an organized fashion or dont try out. I am making this clan to improve the highest level of play.

And yes, players like you are probably not worthy of my clan. Our goal is to be the number one competitive clan, and from what i've read in your post- i can assume you have no inspiration to strive to be the best.

As for humbleness, players joining our competitive group will learn more than they will ever imagine. (even if they are considered good already)

Lollerman

10-18-2009

Quote:
As for humbleness, players joining our competitive group will learn more than they will ever imagine. (even if they are considered good already)
You know, I'm humble, but that means nothing if I'm horrible at the game doesn't it?

zYn

10-19-2009

Rather than make excuses for why the expectations for being able to tryout for clan AoN are difficult or unrealistic...

Strive for the absolute best.

The clan's name speaks it best. ALL OR NOTHING. That is something we strive for. We're incredibly competitive and we seek only those worthy of taking up the challenge to pursue the title of being the best.

A negative outlook on difficult tasks will not get you far in LoL.

Those who will really thrive in this game will see this as an opportunity to be part of the best and perform at the best level.

All in all, grab ahold of the reigns and see what you can accomplish. With the proper effort, putting together decent premades is doable and achieving a 2:1 record is doable. This will reflect your ability to pick a champion you can perform at an above-average level and your ability to put together teams that leads you to noticeably successful record.

RyuuKitten

10-19-2009

Best of luck guys, I don't see myself getting into LoL enough to dedicate myself to reach the levels of performance required. I'm not terrible, but I'm sure as hell no where near Dan Dinh's level either.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-19-2009

Well, never been one for clan tags myself.

However, look forward to playing you guys post-release and whoever you "train" up. Hopefully by then I'll actually have a steady team instead of who I comb from the friends list

PS: Regi you'd be a lot scarier if you'd reel in the recklessness just a tad imo; and stop failing at gate exploits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureus View Post
OMG <3 lefabre I totally agree with u
lolwut who are you again?