Highest IP/Exp Ratio: How?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cfattie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Hello~ fattie here (curses to the man who took my name, had to settle with putting a "C" in front...)

anyway, I was wondering: what is the best way to get the highest IP/Exp ratio? that would mean HIGHER IP, lower exp. Starting from level 1, all the way to level 20 (when one is allowed to use tier 3 runes).

One possible strategy I have thought up of is only playing PvP, stopping everyday once you have received the "first win of the day" bonus. A downside I have also thought up of is the fact that if you continue winning, your ELO will get really high and if you are an average player (like me), after a while you will, on average, win 50% of your games. Assuming you play twice everyday, one loss(I get about... 75 ip) and one win (including WotD bonus, about 225), and assuming you gain about 120 exp per game, you would end up with a 2.5 IP/Exp ratio, netting 39,190 IP at level 20 (15676 exp needed to get to level 20).
With Quintessences costing either 515, 1025, or 2050 ip, and other runes costing 205, 410, or 820 ip, (at tier 3), your complete rune page will cost anywhere from 7080 ip to 28290 ip, so my plan is sufficient, leaving you with 10900~32110 ip to spend on other things, like champions (which you should probably buy sometime earlier).

Does anyone have a better strategy?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-02-2012

First win of the day is the only thing that grants differing amounts of IP/XP, that and buying IP boosts.

In all honesty, it's not worth worrying about. If you insist though, Coop games would be a better route; you're much more likely to win them, and you still get your first win bonus from them. Then buy IP boosts (both per win and per day, even though you're only going to be playing one game every day).

TacticalRevenge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

4 Win IP boosts per successful lvl 5 referrals would help too. Remember at lvl 20 you need 6 of each rune and 2 quints, after that it is easy to get enough IP for a rune each level. I just got Level 20 and have all Tier 3 runes AFTER buying Tier 1 Runes AND many Tier 2 Runes. I haven't bought many champs though. By playing ~3 games per day you should easily have much more than enough, ~4 average should work with most champs as well. I have a cheap Champ and cheapish runes (Singed), but I average probably 5 games a day and don't have many days where I only do 2 games or something to get the win, I just play, and most of the time that means 4-6 games

If you can get a win per day everyday, and average 4 or less games per day, than you will get much more than enough IP, make lvl 5 referral accounts to practice (smurf) and get the IP boosts if you are that worried

Kuryaka

02-02-2012

If you're looking for strictly the best IP/EXP ratio, co-op games for Win of the Day are the only games you'd play. Little EXP gain, high IP gain. It won't help your skills at all though - dumb bots are dumb. And while you'd be leveling up slowly, your improvement may be negative due to habits formed in co-op.

If you want to do well without inflating your summoner level, just play PvP games. It'll help you practice as well.

Most players don't get runes until level 25+ or 30. You would still only have 2/3 of the rune slots available once you hit 20, so you have a lot of IP to spare while you slowly buy more runes as slots unlock.