$20 for a skin and you can't afford your own support team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mankoto

02-02-2012

I don't get this. You guys have the most outrageous pricing scheme of any video game in history of video games. You charge more for a skin than other moba's have charged for their entire game. I understand this moba is more popular, but regardless I would have to mortgage my house in order to afford the thousands of dollars worth of 20 minute Photoshop work you guys have to offer. So how after charging such absurd prices, can you not hire a team to review player reports themselves?

As you can see I am relatively new to the game, but I am level 30, and I have used tribunal. I used it twice, and quit after the 5th report of a 15-0 player having a verbal abuse complaint in a game where his or her entire conversation consisted of "gg". Of course I didn't punish this player, but I know some people who just do it for the ip and punish everyone did, and that's not right.

Either hire your own support team, or lower your prices instead of stuffing your pockets and having the community itself do the work you should be doing.

waterfireairDERP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Because "Let's spend our money before it disappears" always works out so well for everybody that does it.

Derpshot

02-02-2012

Mankoto those are words of wisdom <3

Mankoto

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfireairDERP View Post
Because "Let's spend our money before it disappears" always works out so well for everybody that does it.
I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. So according to you Riot shouldn't spend money to improve their game because said money might disappear? Of course it's going to disappear, but with Riot releasing a new hero and 3 skins every other week the money would also just keep coming in. The money's not going to come from me of course unless it is somewhat sensibly priced like the champion bundles, which thinking about it now is the ONLY thing that is sensibly priced. Regardless some tween is going to buy the new annie skin with her parents credit card whether I do or not. None of this even matters though. What other large scale gaming company leaves the player report cases in the hands of the players? None that I can think of, and for good reason.

There is just so much bad that comes from the tribunal. Take a reported soraka with a phantom dancer for example. How likely is it that the player reviewing this case is going to ban for misconduct rather than poor play? How easy would it be for that player to think to themselves "I don't want to play with this noob trash.... PUNISH".

I'm not about to dig through the internet to find Riot's financial records, but I know LoL is profitable enough to warrant the company themselves reviewing player report cases. There is not one reason for the players to do it themselves.

albinoblackfish

02-02-2012

Bump this hard. I want to see a rioter comment, you just said what seriously needed to be said.
KEEP THIS BUMPED

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

So let me get this right.

You spending $20 on a skin and think its a ripoff while talking bout paying bills off for a mortage....

This is why people get foreclosed on. Spending their money on stupid stuff when they should be using it for important stuff. You have the choice to buy the skin if you think its a ripoff then don't buy the skin. As for the Tribunal point, was the report by the enemy team? If so maybe the guy said something in post game chat that was offensive that got him reported, just because he didn't say nothing offensive in the game don't mean he didn't say anything offensive after think will you?

As for Riot's expenses I think Riot spends as much as they earn giving they have to pay their employees, technology fees such as keeping them update, software fees, and other fees.

Warpsy

02-02-2012

They have a support team. They review cases and hand out permanent bans.

Please read the FAQ.

Dr rAndOm

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankoto View Post
I don't get this. You guys have the most outrageous pricing scheme of any video game in history of video games. You charge more for a skin than other moba's have charged for their entire game. I understand this moba is more popular, but regardless I would have to mortgage my house in order to afford the thousands of dollars worth of 20 minute Photoshop work you guys have to offer. So how after charging such absurd prices, can you not hire a team to review player reports themselves?

As you can see I am relatively new to the game, but I am level 30, and I have used tribunal. I used it twice, and quit after the 5th report of a 15-0 player having a verbal abuse complaint in a game where his or her entire conversation consisted of "gg". Of course I didn't punish this player, but I know some people who just do it for the ip and punish everyone did, and that's not right.

Either hire your own support team, or lower your prices instead of stuffing your pockets and having the community itself do the work you should be doing.
They call that "support". You indeed have some support.. to some extent.

You dont gain any customer's rights by paying for this game.

That's why RIOT is targeting to make a free game.

A free game is not supposed to have good customer services n support teams as those paid games (that's my assumption.. based on the bad cs here. so probably not true lol But this is indeed the worst customer service other than cheaters I've ever seen in US n Canada so far.)

Shiister

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr rAndOm View Post
But this is indeed the worst customer service other than cheaters I've ever seen in US n Canada so far.)
I can name 2-3 games that have worst customer service.Riot has good cs, when I went to support bout wanting a refund for buying GP a day before he went on sale the Riot employee took him off my account for me and refunded the IP for GP and 2 other characters that I had my choice of.

Dr rAndOm

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
I can name 2-3 games that have worst customer service.Riot has good cs, when I went to support bout wanting a refund for buying GP a day before he went on sale the Riot employee took him off my account for me and refunded the IP for GP and 2 other characters that I had my choice of.
That's their gj, but you still can't claim they are good just for they ever helped you.

The same situation happened a lot. RIOT did well for that ip refound thing since beta.

But it almost counts nothing .... frankly speaking. All paid games I played had refunding system. It's not a big deal if things can easily solve by spending 20-30 dollars.

It's ur fault to purchase the wrong champions on a wrong time.

If RIOT didn't help you, that's nothing. ( it's not due to bugs in game anyway) If they ever helped to refund ur ip, that's great job. But you do need to know that's also an extra help. As customer services, you need to do ur basic work well first.

A player got banned. He asked a reason. All the customer services can answer is: you got reported and i see ur offend words there for whatever reasons. It doesn't matter what the truth is. It matters when u got reported and when u said bad words. Reports mean other players don't like you. We dont save any replay. No need for more sufficient reasons. According to the summoner's code, you deserve the ban.

=___= Man.. this is the first game i see customers give that kind of explanations. When I play WoW the customer service always ask about reasons. ( things are more obv there anyway. it's much easier to find out if u are trolling or not. and u always have a chance to argue.)

LoL is a free game anyawy. Therefore, they have reasons to provide bad services.

It sux. :/ customer service did gj somewhere, but it didn't do well on some most important aspects.