Yaric, Yet Another Recommended Items Customizer

1234511 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krashan

07-22-2010

Yaric 3.0.0.0 supprting new LoL patcher has been released. Go to: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=706002
(can I emphasize it more?)

NOTE: before reporting anything please read FAQ

Yaric, Yet Another Recommended Items Customizer, Version 2.3.0.0

Yaric stands for Yet Another Recommended Items Customizer.
It allows you to change recommended items and make them, let's say, favourite items.

----

Yes, I am completely aware of other tools, I just didn't like tem. I didn't like LeagueTools for some, not well defined reason (note: discontinued), and I didn't like LoLMoD's lack of offline option (note: probably discontinued) and, as far as I understand LoL Item Changer needs update after every patch. So I wrote my own.

----

Requirement:
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1

Yaric features:
- one .exe, no installation required (another one for PatchGuard - optional)
- Drag & drop or double click champions and items
- filter champions and item not only by name but also by description (read below for filtering details)
- backup & restore of HeroPak (done explicitly by the user)
- copy/paste 24-digit build code
- new champions available straight away after patch
- (when using PatchGuard) no patch related hassle
- build list: stores all saved/applied build
- knowns which builds has been applied recently so you can reapply them ("Apply checked" - still looking for better name) back after patch
- allows undo - revert to original build (you suck and you don't want to play this champion anymore)
- groups champions by initial
- groups builds by champion

PatchGuard features:
- allows seemless transition of builds between LoL versions
- PatchGuard replaces (not exactly) LoL launcher, change your shortcuts

----

The application itself can be found here

----

If you do not want to use PatchGuard:
You have to do backup and restore manually. If you have modified items, and after running LoL you see patch is being downloaded:
a) Close LoL immediately
b) Use 'Restore' in Yaric and close Yaric
c) Run LoL again (and continue with patch)
d) after patch is applied you can use 'Apply checked' (2.0) to apply your customized builds back

--- or ---

<irony>
a) prepare LoL installer
b) wait for patch to finish
c) now you have totally corrupted LoL
d) reinstall
</irony>

If you decide to use PatchGuard:
- run PatchGuard, sit back and relax (all your builds will be applied to new HeroPak)
- NOTE: do not run LoL manually, always use PatchGuard

----

Known bugs:
- Always restart Yaric after patching. Yaric scans HeroPak only at startup, so after patching it could cause that Yaric saves old file into new HeroPak, you don't want this to happen.
- Probably Yaric will not start with corrupted HeroPak. In such case find "Heropak_client.zip.yaric" in game folder yourself and restore it manually.

----

Filtering:
Filtering works a little bit awkward, but there is a reason for that.
There are two use cases when I'm filtering items:
- I want to compare stats of two items, let's say Phantom Dancer and Last Whisper. I'd type in filter box "phantom whisper" then, and I'd like to see all items which name contains "phantom" or "whisper" (sponsoring words: NAME, OR)
- I want to find all items which give me some benifits, let's say health and armor. I'd type in filter box "armor health" then, and I'd like to see all items which description contains both "armor" and "health" (sponsoring words: DESCRIPTION, AND).

Yes, typed words are "ORed" for name field, and as "ANDed" for description.

----

Change log:

--- BUGFIX: fixed US issue with PatchGuard (not detecting patches, or detecting them all the time)
--- BUGFIX: fixed a startup crash when if you closed Yaric minimized

--- BUGFIX: fix to PatchGuard, should get 'remote version information' much quicker (technicly: tries 'no proxy', 'with proxy' and 'with proxy and authentication' at the same time instead one after another)

--- NEW: added undo feature
--- NEW: added PatchGuard application
--- REWORK: some internal structure has changed

--- BUGFIX: several bugfixes (quite important)

--- REWORK: revised saving system: you no longer need .xyib files (you can import them to 2.0 though, after that you can delete them); all builds you ever saved/applied are shown in build list (on the right hand side)
--- WARNING: Note that 2.0.0.0 is not compatible with 1.3.0.0 you can import old .xyib files, but you need to start with original HeroPak, first thing you do is Restore/Backup.
--- WARNING: It's a beta: Note that 2.0.0.0 is a beta version, do not trust it. If you want (more or less) stable release use older one
--- NOTE: All feedback is highly appreciated; no feedback - no motivation to change/improve anything

--- BUGFIX: you no longer see unavailable items
--- WORKAROUND: fix for rare dodgy exception at the start
--- some minor code cleaning

--- FIX: Fixed crashes which appeared after LoL patch 1.0.0.101
--- NOTE: special thanks to guys participating in: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=258251

--- NEW: Added "Batch Apply..." command to apply multiple builds at once (useful after patch)
--- REWORK: Removed "Save" (only "Save As..." is now available). It was introducing some confusion and caused unintentional overwrites. Now you are asked for a file name every time you want to save a build.
--- NEW: Added tooltips to items in build editor

--- initial release

----

FAQ

Q. How should I report a bug?
A. Yo should start with client version you use (US, EU, ACE). Then you should check Yaric's and PatchGuard version (right-click on .exe, properties). Tell me is it first run, or you were using it already but suddenly it stopped working. Please describe what you were trying to do. It is also useful to tell your windows version (XP/Vista/7, 32/64 bit). Some bugs have nothing to do with Yaric / PatchGuard. As I'm not servicing Windows I might just know the problem in some cases.

Q. Where Yaric stores its configuration?
A. Yaric's config file is in %appdata%\Softpark\Yaric

Q. I've selected wrong folder, what do I do now?
A. Delete yaric's configuration file -or- if you feeling lucky, edit configuarion with notepad and delete "GameFolder" line.

Q. I'm seeing an exception beeing thrown by Yaric
A. Yaric produces an error report (exception window with four tabs), press 'Copy to Clipboard' button and send error report to me (yaric4lol at gmail com)

Q. I'm seeing an exception before Yaric really started, no 'Copy to Clipobard' button avaiable
A. Exception has been thrown before Yaric managed to initialze itself. The most probalby cause is you don't have .NET 3.5 installed properly or your installation is broken. Reinstall/repair .NET 3.5.

Q. PatchGuard does not start at all
A. PatchGuard.exe is a stub, it just calls Yaric a little bit different. You have to have them both in the same folder and matching versions. There has been also an issue with having bare .NET 3.5. Install .NET 3.5 SP1.

Q. PatchGuard sits forever on 'getting remote version'
A. PatchGuard connects to Riot servers to get latest version information. Normally, It should take up to 3s for PatchGuard to check remote version, if it takes longer - something is wrong. Maybe Riot's servers are just down? Have you allowed PatchGuard to connect to internet? Some ppl needed to add it to exception list of their firewalls (try google it). It has been also reported that using it without administrative rights can cause the delay.

Q. Everything was fine. But after LoL has been patched it stopped working/crashed
A. The day has come. Riot changed something. As I said before, they don't call me when they do that. Sometimes I'll need 1 or more days to fix it. Keep in mind, I am entitled to holidays.

Talamare

07-22-2010

This is outrageous, yruly yruly yruly outrageous

Pie Slice

07-22-2010

good work, trying it out at this very moment

EDIT: wait: ancient pocket watch?

EDIT:2 whoa whoa there are a lot of "not yet released" items or what? I see breathstealer/yordle stomper/ancient pocket watch/zepiris pendant...

Krashan

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wertoret View Post
good work, trying it out at this very moment

EDIT: wait: ancient pocket watch?

EDIT:2 whoa whoa there are a lot of "not yet released" items or what? I see breathstealer/yordle stomper/ancient pocket watch/zepiris pendant...
See just-edited OP.

Pie Slice

07-22-2010

hell you can buy them in store: some are costy (999999 gold) but others are normal, and exploitable, at elast this was just a practice match

Talamare

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wertoret View Post
hell you can buy them in store: some are costy (999999 gold) but others are normal, and exploitable, at elast this was just a practice match
Sigh... why does AP get super awesome tank items, and AD get nothing?

Pie Slice

07-22-2010

don't worry, even if you have enough gold, the system doesn't let you purchase the afroementioned items...

lionheart5656

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2010

What the balls haha. When are we getting these items?

Also, CDR items need something that includes MR =/

Krashan

09-29-2010

See top post for LoL patch 1.0.0.101 updates.

Gestahl

09-30-2010

erm messed up the lol folder and would like to know how to change it now , as can't seem to find it thru regedit yet it keeps remembering the old folder i picked , thanks

1234511 ... 24