Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Have a hard time playing on purple side?

yes 428 54.25%
no 361 45.75%
Voters 789 .

Purple side hard to play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baby Daisy

Recruiter

02-02-2012

I have a very hard time playing on purple how about you guys?

Jelks27

02-02-2012

You get used to it. Play with an unlocked camera and remove the walls on your UI and resize it to your tastes until you do get used to it.

GoodGuySpaghetti

02-02-2012

Quote:
remove the walls on your UI and resize it to your tastes

How do you do that?

Captain Youl

02-02-2012

Quote:
SpiderNuts:
How do you do that?

interface in options

Tyhan

02-02-2012

I find a little annoying since I have to have the UI at maximum size to read anything, but I just angle my camera further downwards from my champion to make up for it.

My real problem is the targeting angle on skills. When targeting something upright you can hit things outside the circle. However when targeting something downleft the maximum range is smaller than the circle.

Braka flaka

02-02-2012

I wish there was an option to rotate the camera so it would be like the one on Twisted Tree line, where both teams have an equal view.

Exentrick

02-02-2012

Certain blue reliant junglers can have much easier level 2 ganks as blue, as they will be between two solo lanes. One minor problem, in my opinion, mostly due to the current meta.
Also, blue side has MUCH MUCH easier warding responsibilities for bot, since they can easily not even ward the river, or the river brush. seeing as the jungler will essentially have to walk by dragon, they can ONLY ward dragon, and keep other wards for lane brush, when appropriate. Meanwhile, as purple I find it needed to ward river/river brush/tribrush, and dragon(or allot that responsibility to the jungler), plus have wards for lanebrush... This doesn't even remotely apply the same way vs top or mid and baron since that's not a laning thing. And games often gain heavy momentum for a victory to one direction during the laning phase of a game.
(PS I'm only about 1400-1500 rating as a player normally, so there are things I probably haven't read or been told yet)

kianistus

02-02-2012

It's not all bad. It's harder to play on the purple side yes, but riot had to do it since the purple caster minions are OP. You can't have everything. :P

Baby Daisy

Recruiter

02-02-2012

they should make like a reverse thing for us.. when we are on purple.

Bulbadoof

02-02-2012

The only difference I really notice is that I unlock my camera a lot more when I'm playing on the purple side. I don't see it as any harder or easier, though my friends complain whenever we're purple team.