Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

This is how you counter ziggs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malloy5944

02-02-2012

Everyone is QQing already about ziggs, and yes his dmg is high but so are his mana costs. When ever i face one in lane this is how i counter him.

I start boots 3 pots this alows me to doge is awsome poke and if i do get hit i use a pot.

Now his q is his main damage dealer, what you have to do is bait 1 or 2 q's from him and counter poke after you dodge his Q.

Once you have him to about 3/4 health bait another q and dodge it after you dodge that Q jump on him like a spider monkey from hell and kick his little butt.

generally using a champion with high burst and ranged works for this.

and as for his ulti if your in a team fight dont run from it and get hit by the enemy team just pretend hes karthus and eat it cause ur not getting away if you run your allowing the enemy team to hit you while you return no dmg plus his ult is still gonna get you anyway.

so instead of running from his ult zerg their ad carry then zerg ziggs

problem solved ziggs not op stop the QQ

DOTBACK

02-02-2012

Use some caps and some punctuation, would make this post easier on the eyes.

Mihlo

02-02-2012

Don't play passively against Ziggs, he'll just zone you out with landmines and satchel.

TheInnocentdevil

02-02-2012

i used zilean and pretty much wrecked ziggs.

Malloy5944

02-02-2012

bump i want people to see this so there is no more qq threads

R0ckBeatsPaper

02-02-2012

played morde against a ziggs and wrecked him mid.
Just kept pushing whenever the opportunity came and he lost the lane terribly.

Burbinator

02-02-2012

upvoted for spidermonkeys from hell

Aidoneus

02-02-2012

not sure if the player was just bad or was having a bad game but i beat ziggs as swain. just keep moving in between last hits and when his Q is down harass him, not that hard a concept to grasp.

Deeeerp

02-02-2012

Except a good Ziggs doesn't just shoot out a whole bunch of Q's and leave himself oom, now would he?

You need to be very careful with your mana when playing Ziggs; It's one of his biggest weaknesses. 5 or 6 Qs at level 9 will get you OOM if you're rushing D-cap with no blue, so it's really either build mana (catalyst works fine for this) or have your jungler feed you blue all the time.

In conclusion, you should be very careful when casting any spell as Ziggs, and make sure that they hit. A good way to do this is wait until they try to last hit a minion. Right as your opponent goes in for the last hit, do some harassing, pop a Q, hell if he got in really close put a E in there. This is just some insight on how to counter this "Dodge his Q and lolpwn him" strategy that the OP is suggesting.

BeatRushVII

02-02-2012

Lock in morgana, max soil and shield first with one point into binding.

Problem solved.

Lock in leblanc, burst him down before he can even land one skill, loot his corpse for gold. Later on bait him to use his R on you. W dash, R dash

Problem solved again