New map idea (3way)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobijasz

02-02-2012

Perhaps it has been tossed about before, but how about a 3 team summoners rift?
The map would just have to be expanded into a triangle. All the balance would still be there.
I think the dynamic of 3 way fights would be pretty cool.

If you can muddle through my absolute horrible drawing, I've attached an image.

NN LiTTLE

02-02-2012

sounds like a good idea, but it'd promote turtling. if team 1 and team 2 fought each other and both lost 2 champs, team 3 could swoop in and clear all 4 enemy lanes out. would need further refinement

Vaiolet Green

02-02-2012

Also, 2 teams could just agree to wipe out the third. Way too many potential problems.

Rezistance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

I like the idea because if you agree to wipe out the other team you knowingly expose yourself to betrayal. It would be pretty fun to have a bit more chaos mixed in to it all. Sure turtling might be a little prevalent but it would create a very interesting dynamic as people learn to break people out of their shells.

+1 OP

Animadar

02-02-2012

after the minions pushed into mid, which way would they go?

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animadar View Post
after the minions pushed into mid, which way would they go?
You could just have each rotate clockwise down the lane towards nexus.

ThinkMilitant

02-02-2012

Interesting idea. It's not going to dethrone Summoners Rift, but that's not the point. Its just another fun game variant for when your sick of vanilla, like Twisted Treeline or Dominion.

I wholeheartedly approve.

InfinityDread

Recruiter

02-02-2012

Why not just have 10 v 10? with a bigger map but unlockable waypoints when you destroy 2 towers or something to essentially tele across the map

Would be crazy in team fights...

killerbunny56

02-02-2012

I've thought about this before. I would love to see this happen. Yes there would be problems like 2 teams against one, but that would be part of the new play style and people would have to just come up with new strategies.

WarlordMichael

02-02-2012

I say its interesting but you couldnt pay me to be mid in a 3 way it would most likely have to be the support + carry lane with the solos on the outside lanes (as it offers up to 2x the CS of any other lane IE team A can kill both B and C's creeps if he is good enough) you are extremely vunerable to jungle ganks even while laning (2 jungles in which you can see nothing both available to the enemy teams so you can be double jungle ganked plus double support and double carry)