New Aura Items: An Analysis by the Numbers (Long)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Constrictor

02-07-2012

Okay I'm done talking to you since you decided to call me stupid and idiotic.

Really child, you need to grow up. As soon as you resort to insults to make your point, you have lost the argument.

axesandspears

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
Okay I'm done talking to you since you decided to call me stupid and idiotic.

Really child, you need to grow up. As soon as you resort to insults to make your point, you have lost the argument.
I called you stupid once to make a point because you obviously missed what I was saying and you didn't seem to understand. Here's the exact quote where I insulted you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
That's because you were too stupid to actually look at what I wrote.
For Quints: AP>AD
For Marks: AD>AP

So obviously runes do not have any correlation to the value of the stats they represent. They are just free bonuses that you can use to help you in game
Sorry if it offended you by using that terminology, but my point regarding runes was right there--I bolded it for you this time--and you missed it.

In context, this wasn't quite as insulting as you likely interpreted. I intended it to be more of a "look again and please pay more attention this time", than a reference to your actual intelligence. That doesn't excuse the fact that you didn't even seem to read it.

My replay to the next block under that was obviously more rude and insulting, but it felt like justifiable terminology based on the fact that you completely missed the preceding point and tried to pass off an assumption that you made yourself as though it had authority.

As for getting insulted in general, here are some things to consider:
-If someone insults you while presenting an argument using logical reasoning and/or facts, it does not invalidate what he/she has to say. The insult itself has no bearing on the validity of the actual statement as long as the logic is sound.

-When you skim over an argument someone makes and completely miss their point, then follow it up by making a blanket statement that doesn't address their point at all. You should expect to be insulted because it is very annoying to the other person that you are replying to an argument with such blatant ignorance.

-You do not win an argument just because the other person has insulted you while making their point. An argument is valid as long as a valid point is made.
*A case where a post is not valid is when the only thing the other individual does is insult you without making a point.
*A similar case where a post is invalid is that one claims he/she cannot accept the validity of any statement that another individual makes because of a few perceived insults that the individual happened to throw at the former while making his/her point. Basically, your post that I quoted at the top is an invalid argument.

Constrictor

02-07-2012

I read what you wrote. I just don't feel like speaking to someone who resorts to insults.

TealNinje

02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
I called you stupid once to make a point because you obviously missed what I was saying and you didn't seem to understand. Here's the exact quote where I insulted you.
Just going to go on the record, but you're saying a whole lot of things completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Seriously, we all know that Marks are better for physical champions and Glyphs are better for magical, with Seals being better for defensive. Quintessences, on the other hand, are supposed to be the END ALL BE ALL best rune for anything.