Warwick Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plutooh

02-01-2012

Hi All

I decided im going to start trying out Warwick for a while but im stuck with what masteries to choose.

Im only level 10 so dont have many to pick from.

At the moment its 3 Brute Force, 1 Mental Force, 4 Alacrity, 1 Weapons Expertise for Offense.

No Defense

Utility is 1 Good Hands.

I know its really up to the individual but any advice on my current setup would be appreciated.

Im still new to this game, about 5 days old so im not sure of all the terms so go easy on this old gamer.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

If I had 10 mastery points I'd put 9 in defence taking the bonus armor, magic resist and increased health regeneration, and using my 10th point to improve whatever summoner spells I'm using.

Warwick is mainly specked in defence due to his abilities. His ultimate does multiple hits with reduced damage, however fully applies on hit effects, so wit's end, malady and bloodrazors are common items for him. Because of this, combined with the fact that you need to surpress the most dangerous target, you will need extra durability to stay alive.

So warwick is generally played with tank items/masteries + on hit effects. Low cooldown on Q allows you to make good use of resistances boosting your effective health a lot.

Plutooh

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniumProxy View Post
If I had 10 mastery points I'd put 9 in defence taking the bonus armor, magic resist and increased health regeneration, and using my 10th point to improve whatever summoner spells I'm using.

Warwick is mainly specked in defence due to his abilities. His ultimate does multiple hits with reduced damage, however fully applies on hit effects, so wit's end, malady and bloodrazors are common items for him. Because of this, combined with the fact that you need to surpress the most dangerous target, you will need extra durability to stay alive.

So warwick is generally played with tank items/masteries + on hit effects. Low cooldown on Q allows you to make good use of resistances boosting your effective health a lot.
Thankyou for the quick reply, i never thought about adding it to defense instead of offence which is a good idea because i do tend to die alot.

Will give it a go and and see how it works.

Burbinator

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarumanTheGreat View Post
Thankyou for the quick reply, i never thought about adding it to defense instead of offence which is a good idea because i do tend to die alot.

Will give it a go and and see how it works.
what somnium didn't explicitly mention is that warwick's Q scales with % of enemy's max hp... without you needing to build any damage items for it. It's always going to be doing significant damage and healing a buttload, so you build tanky cdr to

1) maximize the heal you get

2) stay alive so you can spam it continuously.

That is why tanky warwick is so powerful.

Before lanewick got nerfed, it was very common to see full tank warwicks with only voidstaff for damage (for magic penetration). Now lanewick is not popular anymore, but the concept remains the same.

Kittsy

02-02-2012

I would go defense too, but not for the HP regen. I'd go for the flat HP of Veteran's Scars, then the Recall improvement or Summoner Spell improvement.