Shaco advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kordaths

02-01-2012

Okay, I have been maining as shaco for quite awhile now, and I was wondering if anyone has and tips or tricks that I haven't learned yet. I have learned that deceiving in place is just amazing. Or letting people like Lee Sin get out of a scary situation by boxing near a wall that he is next to. Or the AP build(Dominion) where you just wreck face. Anything will be appreciated! Thanks!

Berthkgar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Well, I mean, what exactly are you wanting to know about him?

Feel free to add me in game to discuss though! I hardly ever check the forums >.<

In game name same as forum handle, btw.

LightKerosene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Kanubai

02-02-2012

i actually played shaco all the way from level 5 to 25, and abit more after that. (i cut down on him, since hes always banned in draft pick) I play ad shaco in lane, though hes a good jungler.
basically, be creative with your decieve. if youve pushed a lane by yourself and the entire enemy team comes down to kill you, instead of running away with a decieve, run towards them with decieve, and keep running. people rarely backtrack to catch shaco. if they do backtrack, you have 3 seconds to put some distance between the two of you so you can wait a while longer for another decieve.
again, if youre pushing a lane by yourself, putting traps along the road can stop you from being surprised. be careful, as people may wait in the bush for you to face check.
you can use decieve to face check. i like getting a ward at level 1 and warding their blue via decieve. ive come across teams before, and was able to escape unharmed.
dont fight a counter-stealth champ like ashe. you will get owned if you arent careful enough.
if the stealth from decieve ends, you can still do a crit hit. you can decieve behind someone. drop a box and crit them, cutting off their escape. it gets rid of the surprise though, which is why i avoid this if i can.
placing boxes can help, but you can also decieve to the spot. decieve has a slightly larger range, i believe.
learn your limits. how much damage will shacos decieve do? will you be able to kill the opponent before you die? if you arent sure, ult and send in your clone to do some damage. if the clone, even his explosion, takes 1/4 of their hp, you should probably leave him.

i like to get e early game to harass. its boring, but it works.

i have yet to reach a high elo, but this is what ive learned from experience with shaco.

Hyosun

02-02-2012

I'm not amazing with shaco but here are some things that helped me do much better with him.

Don't deceive from brush: If you're ganking mid it's easy to spot the smoke if you deceive from brush. A better way to gank mid is to come from the ledge right next to brush and deceive over that. Watching videos of Teodur gank taught me that mid's vision is more limited than you think, so you don't have to utilize brush.

Remember, you are stealthed!: Because your deceive gives you a long stealth time, you can be flexible in how you gank. Want to gank outside of deceive's range? Just walk on over while you are stealthed: you can cover a good bit of ground during that time. Target moving erratically so you can't land the crit on their back? Wait for them to walk in a predictable way so you are sure you can position yourself behind them. Want to lure your target into a false sense of security? Deceive and let your ally engage first. Target will think it's a 1v1 fight and will waste an auto attack on your ally instead of you. This also makes their movement a bit more predictable.

Teodur has an EXCELLENT guide on solomid.net and I'm sure you'll learn a few things from him. For example... there is a small 1/2 second time window after you de-stealth that gives you increased damage. I'm not trolling bro, he's got extensive vids to prove it.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=9879

Kizurage

02-02-2012

Shaco is better in 3v3 TT matches, as he can be very good during early,mid and late game. Go AD shaco.

Chaingate110

02-02-2012

Shaco is a really good champion if you play hmi well
Like the guy a few posts above me said "be creative with your decieves"
and it wuld also help if you had flash so once you decieve and their rite behind u flash and it will put alot of distance between u.
And ur Boxes can also b used to c if an enemy is coming, so make sure u put 1 in bushes where u will likely get ganked.
In 1v1 fights (make sure they are alone and none are coming unless u r superfed and can 1v2+ )u let them come towards u and then after they hav focused on u acitivate clone and dont use ur shiv until they start to run (unless they're almost dead and u kno u can kill them)
they will either continue fighting or run
If they decide to fight u then a few hits after clone decieve behind them and get a few hits behind them(make sure to exhaust)
if they run depending on ur situation chase them or not. During chasing use shiv rite away and that will slow them and get u a couple of hits in. Then wen they activate something like flash to get away use decieve and exhaust
hope i helped =D

Eviant

02-02-2012

The most important thing I can think of is maxing your boxes first, followed by shiv, then Deceive. I'm bound to get told I'm a noob, but I've found that the fear from the boxes has saved me far more times than Deceives extra damage ever might.

Basically, the way you want to play Shaco is, engage, preferably not using deceive, and wait for them to decide to stand and fight. That's when you drop the box. With the speed with which the boxes activate, you should be able to catch them with the fear, using your passive slow from the Shiv skill. If they run away from it, it's your choice whether you want to continue or not, but Truth is, I've found Shaco to be really dependent on proper kiting, trickery, and overall skill. So it may take a while, however, he is an excellent addition to any team when you know him well.

Kordaths

02-03-2012

Thanks for all the wonderful advice. However, I was looking for more "tricks". Early on, if I want to gank a lane with a tank (For some reason right now I am seeing Volibear over and over in mid) But I can't because they are too tanky or can always escape. I jungle so I am always able to have my E's slow along with red slow, and 70% of the time get an amazing gank, but that other 30% is just nail biting and hair pulling when they get away.