These supposed better AI bots.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolguy999

02-01-2012

what amazed me in phreak's video giving us a preview of bots made me go into that intermediate game today with high hopes of playing against an AI of a higher level and really we raped them

long story short, we were a group of 5 AP heros and after going 19-3 we started to derp around which we witnessed sona's and ryze's incredible tank build 125armo 175 AP resist <100 AP and other amazing stuff like garen getting trapped in red and couldn't get out... and really no i did not see bots waiting in the bush for a gank and they still run head first hoping to land a spell and they dont do last hits, buys the wrong things...

come on when's the expert bot level coming riot? I still believe in bots one day winning the WCG in the LoL section! ^^

TheGrayBuffoon

02-01-2012

Our group of players experienced much of what you have written. We don't expect AI Bots to match human competition but the new bots aren't what we were hoping for as presented in that video.

Wicked Trident

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

yup, the SR bots are every bit as bad as the old bots. different champs, same skill. still waffle stomped them into the ground on both SR and Dominion, and Dom is even worse, really all you have to do is cough on them and they just die and give you all of the cap points.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Lets all be honest and admit we'd rather have some of these bots on our team opposed to what we get sometimes.

Everspace

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Trident View Post
yup, the SR bots are every bit as bad as the old bots. different champs, same skill. still waffle stomped them into the ground on both SR and Dominion, and Dom is even worse, really all you have to do is cough on them and they just die and give you all of the cap points.
If anything there is less abuse and they are a bit more accurate to real people by using summoner spells and their skills more wisely.

This bots are not for experienced players.

They are fabulous tools for the developing player that finds easy bots far too easy, but are still trying to learn more about the game and all it's champions and everything.

Coming out of a 69min game where nobody really knew what they were doing was VERY VERY HARD. With the right pokes and prods, we managed to eek out a win.

Kriterian

02-02-2012

I played several games yesterday and noticed a few differences:

- They don't run past their outer tower and stop to base anymore, allowing you to run around the trees to get the easy kill.

- They seem to roam a lot more instead of just grouping up against the tower that's pushed the most.

- I had a few games with people that disconnected at the beginning making us 4 vs. 5 but one of the enemy bots AFK'd at the fountain to balance out the teams.

I honestly don't mind the lack of AI that much, the variety is what was needed. The only thing I'd really like to see is a bot jungling so you can practice soloing top or counter jungling.

DarkHatred

02-02-2012

need intermediate bots in custom games so its a challenge..they improved nothing on the difficulty vs ai mode. Just dumb free kill bots that stay at the tower too long.

Astiahl

02-03-2012

They're bots, they're just a walking procedure list. There've been reds that have said they wanted to keep bots about the same difficulty but just make them less outright stupid. We've all seen Soraka bot get stuck under a tower going through the "I'mma kill th--OW, MY FACE! ;_; *heal* I'mma kill tha--OW, WHYYYY? ;.; *heal* etc." loop until they eventually died or were killed by a player. :P

Phrixscreoth

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriterian View Post

- I had a few games with people that disconnected at the beginning making us 4 vs. 5 but one of the enemy bots AFK'd at the fountain to balance out the teams.
Really? COOL!

And there have been horror stories from these bots as well, I think that thread is floating around General right now. The bots know exactly how much damage they can dish out and how much health you have, so while their tactics may suck their individual abilities are pretty awesome- Trist bot's ability to jump in, blow you away and then jump back out is amazing, while if Karthus bot has ANY vision on you when you are low health he WILL ult you.

Sarindanas

02-03-2012

they all blow their ults on the first player to come in range.