New Build Path for Stark's/Zeke's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Comrade Morpheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

I'm sad to see a minus armor item go, even if it was rarely bought. Before I go on about Stark's, I have to talk about another item first, Stinger.

Stringer has been one of my favorite items in the game, using it as a 'core' item on a lot of champions (Udyr, Xin, Skarner, old Backdoor Alistar, Mundo, Cho, Shyvana, Nocturne, and Irelia). For a 90g upgrade compared to Recurve Bow (40g now) you got a nice 10% CDR. I've found quite a few champions love both these stats paired together, but often can't afford to get them because there is no real item in the game to offer good CDR and Attack Speed other than Nashor's Tooth, which is a niche item for a few hybrid champions. I've always felt bad either upgrading into Nashor's Tooth and wasting a lot of the money on AP/Mana Regen that most of the champions listed don't need or use that well, or sold it for a late game attack speed item.

Zeke's in its current state is rather sad, and by looking at the forums you can see many players dislike what is has become. I suggest a small change of stats, and buffing it up to a mid-late game item that can still be an aura support item.

Stinger (1090g) + Vampiric Scepter (450g) + Upgrade (960g) = Zeke' Herald (2500g)

25% Attack Speed
Unique Passive: 15% CDR
Unique Aura: Nearby allied champions gain 25% Attack Speed, 25 Life Steal
Unique Aura: Nearby enemy champions lose 20 armor.

This offers all melee champions a nice CDR/Attack Speed/Life Steal item, and still giving supports an item to help out the AD characters on their team. (Currently, there are two items to help AP offensively, Abyssal Scepter and Will of the Ancients. AD has two aura items, Aegis which gives an amazing 8 AD and the new Zekes).

If I did the math right, Attack speed is 26.25g per 1%, Life Steal is 37.5g per 1%, and CDR/Armor Pen are 'impossible' to find for gold/stat cost. The cost of just the Life Steal and Spellvamp are 2250g, meaning the remain Armor Shred and CDR only cost 250g.

Most other CDR items give free/cheap CDR. Stinger gives 10% for 40g, Nashor's Tooth's CDR is free along with some of its stats, the Armor Shred for old Stark's was free as well, it being ~200g cheaper than the other stats it gave. The AD/Crit Chance/Attack Speed on Ghostblade are worth well over its cost, giving free Movespeed, CDR, and Armor Pen.

Comrade Morpheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Annoying bump.

bahamutkaiser

02-01-2012

Your overlooking the secret that Starks and auras as a whole have been nerfed because Starks in paricular was OP.

Sounds like a perfect solution but since it's an aura the lifesteal should be 15% and the AS could rest at 20/20 like Starks, wile the cooldown could be higher or lower. As for the AR aura, it would feel good but it may be asking for too much, depending on the cost and how much they want to tolerate the aura power it may not be acceptable, your already coupling lifesteal and AS auras, I don't think any other item in the game offers 3 auras, a testament to how OP Starks original 4 auras were.

Vuliev

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutkaiser View Post
Your overlooking the secret that Starks and auras as a whole have been nerfed because Starks in paricular was OP.

Sounds like a perfect solution but since it's an aura the lifesteal should be 15% and the AS could rest at 20/20 like Starks, wile the cooldown could be higher or lower. As for the AR aura, it would feel good but it may be asking for too much, depending on the cost and how much they want to tolerate the aura power it may not be acceptable, your already coupling lifesteal and AS auras, I don't think any other item in the game offers 3 auras, a testament to how OP Starks original 4 auras were.
And yet even with all those stats packed into the aura, people still ignored it because their gold was better spent elsewhere. I don't personally like the change, but the major problem with Stark's was the HP5--too much of the item's cost was HP5 and not more useful things. Stark's wasn't OP.

Besides, Aegis gives AD, MR, and armor, yet you don't see people call Aegis OP, now do you? Just because an aura gives lots of stats doesn't make it OP. Moreover, the only aura that's been directly nerfed so far has been WotA, and that's only because it's easily abusable. Aegis had the pseudo-nerf a while back, but it was mostly a consistency thing (no other aura gave its benefits to minions.) Soul Shroud, Shurelia's, Aegis, Frozen Heart, and Abyssal Scepter haven't has their stats touched in ages.

Comrade Morpheus

02-01-2012

If Stark's aura was the best/OP, why was it the least picked next to Should Shroud? Stark's did boast four stats, but HP Regen is a rather useless stat unless it is in extremely high amounts (Force of Nature) or in lane. Stark's just didn't have a place because it was better to buy a Bloodthirster then to think about Stark's, despite its massive team benefits. The supports had better options for auras, usually grabbing Aegis or Reverie and wards since no one wants give them CS anymore.

ikillutwice

02-04-2012

uhh ur item for 400 more gold gives- armor reduction, more lifesteal, more attack speed
so if zeke's was cost effective before this would be very OP. However I do not know if zekes was cost effective

zeodrake

02-04-2012

how about making the new banner build from stinger and cutlass
+20% attack speed
+35 Attack Damage
+10% cooldown reduction
UNIQUE Aura:
+20% attack speed
+20% life steal
+10 Attack Damage

Onyx Misfire

02-05-2012

Starks was used by alot of Asassin/Melee ...Especially when RIOT suggested build was Brutilizer.and Berserker boots...then BUY Starks and then buy Ghost blade...then either INF Edge , Black Cleaver, or Modreds blood razor...any 2 of those 3 made a good build...with removal of STARKS ...my question is WHY brutilizer when Blood Thirster is so damm expensive