Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You have encountered an error. Please try again later.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Quirijn

02-01-2012

Good evening!

I'm trying to buy out some RP for a while, tried all possible fixes (the reset internet explorer setup thing, and cookie setup) for the "You have encountered an error. Please try again later." problem. My card is working fine for any digital purchases, i tried to buy it on Windows XP and Seven, with no success. Is there any news on a hotfix or anything else i could try? I could really use some new skins on my favorite champions.

Thanks.

Doctor Quirijn

02-03-2012

Bumping for great justice.

SratCh

02-03-2012

Bump

Doctor Quirijn

02-04-2012

Same error trying to finish a purchase with paypal. I don't mind it, but you lost $ 100.00 already i and i lost lots of fun. I really hope theres any method of fixing this.

Doctor Quirijn

02-07-2012

All in all is just another bump in the thread

Azibu

02-07-2012

Bump...

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-07-2012

Hi Doc,

You can see this article for a little more info about that error message, https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20235628-credit-card-payment-errors

Real quickly, there are pretty much only 3 reasons it comes up.

1. Your IE settings are wrong - Covers this issue about 90% of time
2. Your connection is not stable enough to process the verification
3. Your credit card has some sort of block

ROOTkiwicookie

02-19-2012

hey i have done every tings on the thread and did it more than once the probleme still persist any idea or help? please...

lordpickle

03-01-2012

You know I did all those "IE fixes" and got no where when my BF was trying to buy me RP.He could by RP on his account no problem at all.However on mine regardless of what pc we tried or "fixes" as described by Riot refused to work.Sent in ticket and got the most unhelpful reply 2-3days after the fact.Their answer "read this" or simply go get cards or use paypal.
I did end up going through hoops to use paypal(i dislike them) to buy $50 in RP so i could get Brand etc on sale.If i had waited to hear from them I'd already have missed the sale and been screwed.

To top if off...they send a "rate your ticket" email and lord behold...3hours after it was sent they closed the ticket and thus you couldn't rate it!! AMAZING. This was just last night.When we tried to reply to it telling them we couldn't rate because it was closed,it just took the message and started a new ticket..ugh.

Its pretty upsetting to nearly miss a sale and have to go through so many steps to give a company money.And yes we did the whole IE fix thing,we checked with his credit card company,we even checked the router and modem to make sure they were working properly.I don't know how much more stable i could make it since its Directly connected to the router.His laptop was connected wireless.And as i said...he could buy for his account,but mine refused to work giving that tired error message "You have encountered an Error, please try again later! "

Just hope they will look further into that and take people a bit more serious when they send in a ticket.The reply was so unhelpful and pretty much looked like they just slapped some copy/paste reply in without taking time to actually look into it.

PS~I still love Riot/LOL but geez...i don't know if in the future i will be willing to deal with this again.

KiwiMoose

03-01-2012

I agree with you entirely lordpickle. It's so frustrating that i can't even GIVE Riot me money.