I have 5.7k IP, and I'm thinking of getting Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

02-01-2012

After a few days of thinking over what champion to buy, I decided to buy Shyvana. She reminded me of Nidalee, who was one of my favorite champions. So I need to learn more about how Shyvana works.

On the scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the hardest, how hard is Shyvana to play? I'm a new player, and I need to make sure I can buy a champion that I could pick up, learn, and do well with.

I've heard from a friend that she's a solid jungler. Is she? I'm still learning the jungle, and I haven't jungled since before the jungle revamp.

How viable is she in general? Is she useful in a team?

If I were to buy Shyvana, what would I need to expect from playing her? What's a very important thing to know about her? Any advice on how to play her?

Thanks a lot. Your responses will greatly help me on my decision on buying Shyvana.

Sphincter Wolf

02-01-2012

Not only is Shyvana easy to play-she's very very strong if you build her right.

Start with W, Then get Q, get a second point in W, then E. Max W first, then Q.

If you're going solotop, start Cloth Armor and 5 Pots. Farm your little heart out-Shyvana is one of the best farmers out there because of her W. Turn the CA into a Wriggles after buying Boots and then build tanky depending on their team. Shyvana can build tank and still destroy people with her damage. I really like Wit's End for the attack speed because she scales perfectly with it.

Enjoy her! She went from a random buy into one of my mains as soon as I bought her!

Frightfire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

i have to say i bought her at release bc i love anything dragon related and it was never a regret. her w also gives a movement boost which allows you to wait a bit longer on boots than most would. for items he has it right on the head though i usualy go for s BT fast as i can or get starks fervor(now being whatever they replaced it with or is close to it).Also Ionic spark is amazing on her since her q is a 2 hit proc. and the cleave on her dragon form procs the count as well.

Harries

02-02-2012

shyvana is one of those champs where even when shes fed 11-0 she still sucks

indigosun

02-02-2012

shyvana is a badass. im another person who bought her at random and fell in love with her.. she does devastating amounts of damage without really building it. for skills, i max W first. as opposed to the other guy, i max E second as it will, unless you build ad from the get-go, net you more damage. while the % armor reduction doesnt increase with level, its nuke damage and thusly on hit damage increases, where as your Q only gains a shorter cooldown and a little more damage on the second hit.
for summoners, i take flash and ignite. flash is still a staple in my opinion, and flash helps give you some extra damage for kills in lane phase.
i usually go solo top with shyvana. shes a phenomenal duelist and her cooldown system makes her incredibly good at harassment. for items, i start with boots and three pots, taking W at level 1. i grab Q and E by level three and, as i mentioned, focus W > E > Q. even though W gives you the movement speed you need to catch up with someone, having the boots enables you to get that many more hits, and catch up that much faster. rush phage. level two boots are pretty unnecessary for a while, unless youre having real trouble with cc or magic in general, in which case, id go back for mercs. build mallet and atmas since tanky ad is so ****ing op, maybe grabbing a vamp scepter for some sustain if you need it. for mr, i grab force of nature for the move speed. wits end is pretty cool but im a bit of a hipster. my last two items are usually black cleaver and the former starks, but im not sure if id build it now that they "nerfed" it. the games usually over by the time i finish mallet and atmas though, so.. do as you please haha
for laning, land your E as an initiation. when you land it, W and run up to them, melee once, Q, and follow them til they decide to do something about the 250+ damage you just dealt. rinse and repeat til theyre low, ult if necessary, ignite to secure.
in teamfights, your ult is a fairly reliable escape, but it also lets you sit on their carry. feel free to jump through everything, wipe the carry out in two shots, and laugh in all chat. gg

The Letter CtrlZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Nid meets trynd. Pretty much.

Eddiefjv

02-02-2012

she is good

Raekwon Tha Chef

02-03-2012

I like her allot but she is one of the easiest to kite champions around since her only cap closer is really her ult and shes pretty easy to cc since if you hit her with cc even during her dragon change it still does the full effect to her, you don't know annoyance until you do your dragon lunge thing at singed and suddenly your back where you started.

IshiFox

02-04-2012

Shyvana is awesome if built right and played right. Tanks DPS from the jungle, your tanks are weak, but your jungle speed is so fast you can counter jungle so easily. No set route, and you should hit level 6 before anyone of bot lane. Your job isn't to carry and get the most kills, but to be the nightmare that is in the other teams face all the time.

Buy oricles when you can, smash the wards down, steal every blue and red buff from the other teams, your so fast that you should be taking dragon all the time too.

But what if it's against a Shaco? Well let's face it most Shaco jugglers are predictable, and will gank level 2-3. So steal more of his jungle, but stay out his brushes!

check out FYA's guide in solomid, and I believe Dan Dinh has some posted shyvana videos up.

IshiFox

02-04-2012

Runes: AP Red, Armour Yellow, MR Blue, Attack Damge Quints
21/9/0 masteries, taking cool down in offense.
Spells: Smite and Flash.

Core Build: Wriggles, merc treds, phage, wits end, finish frozen mallet

Max W 1st Max either Q or E second depends on your playing style I prefer Q as its an attack reset and helps for constantly stealing jungle from other team.