Which side do you prefer on Summoner's Rift:

Blue (Bottom) 32 78.05%
Purple (Top) 2 4.88%
No Preference 7 17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Which side do you prefer Blue or Purple [Poll] - Updated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarmicKitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

I've heard a lot of people say they prefer one side over another ... just curious to get some stats. Also feel free to share what makes one side or the other better.

ALCapwnn

02-01-2012

Purple is better b/c people don't think it is. It gives you the underdog advantage, apparently.

pittster

02-01-2012

Being able to flip the interface top/bottom would make this problem moot. Also a new left/right map would also fix this.

KarmicKitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittster View Post
Being able to flip the interface top/bottom would make this problem moot. Also a new left/right map would also fix this.
There is still an argument that people make about the setup of the jungle ... for example Blue bot lane can grab early golems for XP and GP. Purple cannot.

Personally I don't know if there is an advantage ... but many people talk about it.

Gahlo

02-01-2012

I like blue. Most games have you go to the right and/or up to progress. Going to the left and/or down feels really awkward to me in games.

KarmicKitten

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gahlo View Post
I like blue. Most games have you go to the right and/or up to progress. Going to the left and/or down feels really awkward to me in games.
It's funny ... even if the sides were completely equal ... I know what you mean and I kinda prefer going 'up' too.

Quick Rawr

02-01-2012

It doesn't really bother me, but I'd probably prefer blue. To be honest though, it depends on your team composition since that impacts which location needs which buffs to gain an advantage over their teammate.

EsperMagic

02-01-2012

I prefer blue because thats the side that i learned to play on when the game started. Vs bots youre always blue.