Shaco Box idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kordaths

01-31-2012

I recently played a match as Shaco and I had this new idea. Instead of taking MY blue buff right away I went to their red buff side and planted 5 boxes in the bushes. Needless to say Sejuani came strolling along, triggered all of them plus an ignite to the face. Then gave me Blue, First blood and red buff. I had a gank at top faster than ever before along with a kill. Just wanted the communities feedback on this, is it a good idea? Should I tweak it a bit? Thanks!

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

It's something that's quite popular and generally known as counter jungling.

Yes it can be effective, especially if you know how the enemy jungler's path typically goes.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

I take it you're putting the boxes along the path where she goes after killing red? Then yes, that is scary. And effective as long as she doesn't know you're doing it.

With box timings, though, the window of opportunity is small enough that you really need to know everyone's preferred route, and that they'll definitely go that way, meaning it won't work every time. Particularly once people wise up to the fact that, if they see Shaco, they simply have to change up their jungling route. It won't even have to be a large change - if they retrace their footsteps coming in, they'll take at most 2 boxes and an ignite (assuming Shaco showed up unseen and started boxing while they were killing the buff, which is an overly ideal situation). That won't kill every jungler.

If I misread it, and you kill her before she does red...then I don't quite understand how you can get a gank faster than ever before. You still have to kill both buff monsters yourself.

As far as I can tell, anyway, since this is all theoretical.

Bbkay

02-01-2012

Careful, you cant get 5 boxes up anymore. Max is 4 cause of nerf.