Morde players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

01-31-2012

Cenerae, Redenbacher, etc? I've been away for a while.. can you guys fill me in on how they rebuffed Morde and what the best builds are for him now?

Cenerae

01-31-2012

Kinda funny you dub me a 'Morde player', because I hardly consider myself a Morde player. Luckily he's not the hardest champ to figure out

As to how to build him these days...gunblade isn't really in favor anymore since it got nerfed (but you can still use one if you like it). Generic Morde builds are Wota, sorc boots, Rylai's, then deathcap/void staff/lichbane/guardian angel/other situational item depending on how the game's going and your needs.

Rotdot

01-31-2012

AP Morde is 58% above average as an ap character - thats pretty nice - But how did i know that?
Use my tool to figure out which champs are most effective as ap characters
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1771057

Etherimp

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Kinda funny you dub me a 'Morde player', because I hardly consider myself a Morde player. Luckily he's not the hardest champ to figure out

As to how to build him these days...gunblade isn't really in favor anymore since it got nerfed (but you can still use one if you like it). Generic Morde builds are Wota, sorc boots, Rylai's, then deathcap/void staff/lichbane/guardian angel/other situational item depending on how the game's going and your needs.
Well, let me put it this way.. I consider you a knowledgeable forum member.

How did they Rebuff Morde? How did they adjust him to make him not as bad as he was after his nerf?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Morde is on pair of most mages in term of damage, but the whole point of playing him is really getting the enemy AD carry ghost...

So yea, not going to work unless your team can focus that single target down.

Serin33

01-31-2012

http://www.lol-patch.com/mordekaiser.html

v1.0.0.131 - 2011-12-13

Iron Man (Passive) shield amount increased to 35% from 30%
Siphon of Destruction damage increased to 70/115/160/205/250 from 65/105/145/185/22

Just a bit more shield and a bit more base damage on Siphon.

SynergyDreamer

01-31-2012

Buffs? I remember Shield nerfs which is why I stopped playing him in solo queue and only when my friend plays Rammy. Also, it's much more difficult to satisfy the shield upkeep unless you're literally in the center of the enemy team, somehow. So I've also stopped playing like a Beefy DPS and played more like a "take dat carry" coward. I 'spose you still could play him like a Beefy DPS, but it takes more team reliance. (Also that December patch made the nerfs not seem SO bad...hm...) I guess the whole ult remake was a buff, considering he has dat burst to take down AD carries pretty fast. So I've been playing him more like that.

Sorc Boots, Hextech Revolver (later into a WotA. If you have no other AP champions that can use WotA for whatever reason...then prolly one of the later situational items), DFG, Abyssal, Zhonya's, and Rabadon's. Items between Revolver and Rabadon's can go in whatever order is most convenient.
I'm surprised not many other Mordekaisers go DFG, taking down an AD carry in prolly 3-4 spells is funny if you ask me. Really nice for the new glass cannon AD carry meta too (haven't seen any AD carries build a Banshee's Veil like in the older days).

Other items you could try on him include:
Rylai's Crystal Scepter, CC is always nice. Always.
Lichbane. Nice pubstomping burst item, lol.
Gunblade(eh, honestly I've never used this on him).
Guardian Angel works.
Haunting Guise is situational, prolly nice for anti-Soraka passive and Beefy DPS(scaling MR) teams.
Void Staff.
Randuin's.
Spirit Visage.

Masteries: Probably 9-21-0. MPen, CDR, then beef.
Runes:
MPen Marks, HP Regen Quints, Flat Armor Seals, Flat CDR or (Flat or Scaling is personal preference) MR Glyphs.
Maybe an MPen Quint for dat true dmg with Sorc Boots.

Don't spam your spells and overpush the lane. As said, last hit like any melee champion. Slappa the enemy if they approach you or a minion. Remember your Q resets your autoattack timer, so if they let you: autoattack-immediately Q-autoattack-etc. If your ally ganks, feel free to give'em your shield. If they gank you, well, you can either run or probably pull off a 1v2 if they don't chainstun you when your spells aren't up while you stick with your minions for that OP minion damage.

Something like that. I haven't played him often in a long time, but I hope this helps to some degree.