Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can I get banned for using custom skins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QueCachorro

01-31-2012

Hello I would like to know if it is legal to install skins and use them or if that can get me banned.

Thanks.

Bagbeard

01-31-2012

I wouldn't install anything, just because of the sheer amount of people saying they got banned for no reason. There was probably a 95% chance there WAS a reason... but still not worth the risk imo.

Plus I'm not 100% but their system could be picking them up as modifications.

Duke Br0heimer

01-31-2012

Quote:
QueCachorro:
Hello I would like to know if it is legal to install skins and use them or if that can get me banned.

Thanks.

No, you cannnot get banned for using custom skins. Under no circumstance.

LeyLu

01-31-2012

it wont get you banned but it got a downside to using one. Every patch you will have to re-install LoL (kinda) XD.

Soulece

01-31-2012

It's fine, it's client side. You aren't affecting how the game functions in anyway. Even if it wasn't legal, there is no way riot would know unless they scanned the integrity of your game files every time you use the launcher, which would be silly on Riots part.

Rewben22

01-31-2012

I'm pretty sure Riot doesnt mind.

Brinzy

01-31-2012

No they won't do anything to you because nobody else can see the skins iirc.

QueCachorro

01-31-2012

Quote:
LeyLu:
it wont get you banned but it got a downside to using one. Every patch you will have to re-install LoL (kinda) XD.

Is that true?

DevilSatan666

01-31-2014

I used them once and they worked, but it just felt unethical. I stopped using them and never thought about it again.