Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karma, why not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Sassycat

11-03-2012

Quote:
Cenerae:
Rediculous amount of AP means you were solo mid, so hardly 'gg your team's farm'.

How are you getting a Morello's and a Deathcap as a support, while still getting aegis and starks? Are you 'gging' your carry's farm?

And yes, buying Aegis/other aura items means she brings auras to a team. But a Taric with the same items brings way more to the table.

I get the feeling here that you aren't looking for anything more than justification for using her as a support. The only time she is actually good as a support pick is in a melee-heavy team (no better than other support choices, but she can actually work as the support in a team like that). However, melee-heavy teams have the disadvantage of being melee-heavy...

I only mentioned deathcap because of a single game where we stomped and i was able to get it. I never said i built it WITH aegies and starks.
I never argued that she was better or worse than other supports, only if she could be a support.
No i wasn't looking for justification, i was looking to get my question answered but no one gave me one that, having played karma, was complete bull**** (in part or in full).

But don't worry, i don't play her anymore. I realised i'm a ****ty player to begin with so i shouldn't bother playing anything but easymode champs.

Map Awareness

Recruiter

11-03-2012

Okay, I can see your point, but you need AP to stay relevant, as she has no hard CC or any other utility that does not rely on AP scaling, outside of her tether (and even that benefits a lot from AP anyway).

I play her as a mage mostly, but there are times when your team absolutely refuses to let you mid or top with Karma, so I play her as a bot lane support. She works well in kill lanes, but not so much in meta lanes. The only AD carry I've seen her working decently with is the Gravemeister, who's famous for having good synergy with every single support in the game, conventional or not. Also, it's impossible for me to not build Deathcap on her (and Grail if I have the chance), even when I'm on 0 CS mode. I can get Reverie on her, in fact I buy it sometimes as AP Karma, but I always let the jungler grab Aegis instead. I always sell HoG when I need to replace it instead of upgrading it.

ninjamast3r

11-03-2012

I've found that Karma works the best when paired with melee characters, which doesn't happen much if youre playing support in the current meta. I tried supporting Akali with her the other day, and that ended up working out very well.

Dry Ace

11-03-2012

I ran as adc bot the other day with a karma support, and I really liked her abilities.

Granted, it was the first time I'd seen one...the key for me was googling, lookin for threads like this first...finding what people that play karma said about problems they had with adcs and not doin that lol...

Idk, I like karma as my support...