"Morgana is just ****ing OP!!!" or am I (mostlikely) just totally retarded (again?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

11-01-2012

Hi!

Morg OP or not? I am aware of this is an opinion war, but pls contribute to it.

Some of you might recall my previous thread about her, but this time I didn't lane vs her. Granted, I played extremly bad and got ganked too often (misscalced distance so often so much).

However, this is not my concern. My concern is her entire kit. Sustain. 4.5 sec (more or less) hard CC. AOE damage, AOE stun. Protection from CC so you can't even stop her.

Raelly, what can you do vs her? Sure, there IS the QSS, but should 4 ppl of your team get it (1.4k item!) just because of ONE enemy champ? 1.5 sec stun in TF is soo ****ing strong.

OP or not? What to do vs her? Should she get nerfed, or rather buffed?

ParadoxPlague

11-02-2012

In my Opponion. She is still not what she DESERVES to be. It frustrates me, WHY!? is her Q not as good as Lux? Have some respect for the Original spell weaver (bear with me). Everyone loves the long range Q with the powerfl DOUBLE stun Lux. But thats not an issue at all. But Then you play Morgana and can't help but shed a tear. Her Q is slow, for some reason hits minions as if they have auras that catch ONLY her Q. I get the slowed a half tick, its her movement speed. But... it should be better. Fast. Stronger. :P In all seriousness. PS: Spell Vamp is pointless unless your Morgana.... does it even scale right?

Directw

11-02-2012

The problem at early game is her sustain and her farming ability, not her skill set. Her two damage spell are skill shot and are fairly easy to avoid. One cast of lv2 "W" can kill all three caster minions. Then she can really snowball from there.

"Q" is only snare, not stun. You can still attack or using your spell. It only last 2 seconds at lv1 and 3 seconds at lv5. Last but not least, this can only snare one target.

"W" will only do big damage if you keep standing on it.

"R" is aoe stun, but the stun only take in place after 3 seconds.

Magus Crow

11-02-2012

Morg isnt that bad provided you can dodge her skillshot and dont stand in her soil. Yeah, she farms like a pro but if she cant reliably hit you with her snare most of her damage is out the window. And if she goes R in teamfights she either has to pop Zhonya's (in which case the opposing team runs away and only takes the initial damage) or get insta focused and die a horrible death.

She isnt as much of a threat dueling as she is in just pushing minion waves straight down your throat and keeping you at turret.

ZeroQuest96

11-02-2012

Morg is not op. Just dodge her skill shot and don't stand in her puddle. She can shield herself from cc as well so be careful. If you find yourself losing because she can snare you then try to get a QSS to get rid of her cc and for some MR.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

She is very good at what she does. She farms and pushes easily and consistently. She is near impossible to gank due to her Snare, immunity to CC/shield, and even use of Ult to dissuade chasing if things are desperate.

However, she doesn't have anywhere near the actual burst DPS and overall firepower that many AP mids have. She has great utility but her Puddle falls off really hard towards mid/endgame. Her snare has a relatively long CD and she doesn't really have a big bursty combo. She isn't like Annie who can flash in, stun/Tibbers, nuke, nuke, dead. Or Brand's nuke,nuke,nuke,nuke.

DeSquirrelyCube

11-02-2012

i know im going opposite from what everyone else says but she is actually very good, but yes not op. the main thing with morg is that she can counter most mid champs by using her shield to stop cc and sustain herself but late game she turns into a extremely dangerous support, for the fact that she has the possibilites to do huge damage and she has 3 cc's really. her ult has two a slow followed by stun and her q as well as like you said a shield that counters all cc. if your stuck laning against her your best bet is a champ that has high mobility and can harrass without using your whole mana pool. morg cant constantly use her spells early game so if you can harrass her forcing her to waste mana to defend or use her aoe to heal herself you can slowly force her to back off or win your lane. you also need to remember how long her cd is on her skills if she misses her q go in, you will have a big window for her cd to attack her leaving her only with an aoe and spell shield. the main thing is that you need to know you wont beat her in one burst normally unless you have been able to completely shut her down.

Bloodstaindewok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

For reasons stated in Squirrely's post I also feel she isn't OP. She's extremely good, but she's far from being overpowered and requiring a nerf of any sort. She has some really bad counter's from some unlikely sources, mostly ranged champs that have a large amount of poke/harass potential and a decent zone strategy. Take Ziggs for instance. I will actually seek Morg out on the board if I'm playing Ziggs because I can A.) Deal huge amounts of poke from a safe distance with Q B.) Zone aggressively with W and E from a safe distance C.) Nuke for massive amounts of damage with R from an insane distance D.) Easily hang back in the pocket and see her skill shots coming a mile away. If a Morg runs middle I will gladly take that position with a champ like Ziggs because a well timed jungler appearance in a moment of weakness and I'm all over her tower and all her push has gone for not. Just my two cents and take it with a grain of salt.

Phantaztick

11-02-2012

I was trying her out the other day and I found she worked great for me as support. Shield my allies and hold their targets for them, wrack up 25 assists.

PapeRarty

11-03-2012

In my opinion she's not op. She's a good champ with quality spells and played right she's VERY hard to beat. But if you can dodge her snare and keep away from her ult she's got very little realistically. Yes it's frustrating that she can shield, snare and what not..But none of it is anything you can't dodge (minus the ult, which you can run away from if positioned well).

So in my opinion she's a very useful champ, very annoying, but not really "OP."