Bloodrazor, standard item in some builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Concretar

07-21-2010

I have a question about bloodrazor's viability in general; a lot of people seem to rush or build it in every game they play with certain characters (shaco and kog'maw to name a few). However not each game is against high hp tanks and half the time they're not even using madred's to jungle. When I ask them 'why bloodrazor, the enemy is squishy?!' I usually get shushed.

So the question

tl;dr:
Is bloodrazor always viable and OP against tanks
OR
Is bloodrazor viable against tanks and wasted on low health opponents?

Sok aka Lag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concretar View Post
I have a question about bloodrazor's viability in general; a lot of people seem to rush or build it in every game they play with certain characters (shaco and kog'maw to name a few). However not each game is against high hp tanks and half the time they're not even using madred's to jungle. When I ask them 'why bloodrazor, the enemy is squishy?!' I usually get shushed.

So the question

tl;dr:
Is bloodrazor always viable and OP against tanks
OR
Is bloodrazor viable against tanks and wasted on low health opponents?
Do the math yourself...

Assuming the carry has 1800 health and 30% mr.

.04*1800=72 passive* total health
72*.7=50.4 magic damage done * 1-resist
50-10=40 Blood razer has 10 less attack than the component items have together. The 10 damage that is being subtracted is not true damage but the 50 is it being removed from is so...

40+30=70
Against a 1800 health squishy with 30% magic reduction blood razor deals gives around 70 damage (not including physical reduction) 40% attack speed and 25 armor for 3085.

The first number is the cost/stat that can be found here http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...Gc&hl=en#gid=0 the 2nd number is the amount of that stat the blood razer provides. Blood razer is actually undervalued below because I am comparing the true damage from the magic passive to the physical damage that you would get from weapons.

for attack speed
26.25*40= 1050

attack damage
39*70= 2730

armor
15.56*25=389

So against a very squishy 1800 health carry with 30% magic reduction Blood Razer gives 4169 gold worth of stats for 3085.

Note that I assumed the 30 physical damage does true damage even though that is not the case in a real game.

Also blood razer isn't a great item against tanks.

Assuming a tank has 3000 health and 50% magic reduction Blood Razer's passive gives +50 true damage or 10 more damage than it gives against the squishy.

This means that blood razer against that tank is worth 390 more gold then it is against a squishy.

I don't know where people get the idea that blood razer is a counter to hp stacking tanks. Assuming the tank has no magic resist and the passive deals true damage it would still take more hits to kill a 4k hp tank then a carry with 1800 health and 30% armor/mr. Also a hp stacking tank is no threat in terms of damage the carry is.

Concretar

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sok aka Lag View Post
I don't know where people get the idea that blood razer is a counter to hp stacking tanks. Assuming the tank has no magic resist and the passive deals true damage it would still take more hits to kill a 4k hp tank then a carry with 1800 health and 30% armor/mr. Also a hp stacking tank is no threat in terms of damage the carry is.

Thanks, that helped a lot! I guess the idea comes from seeing '% of health' which looks like a tank buster.

Dag nabbit I might have to try building it too now.. oh well.