I believe purple side is at a disadvantage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alohabroha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Honestly the only thing I ever noticed that I didn't like about purple over blue is that when I mid, I move the mouse down to lock spells or cast skills shots. As opposed to moving the mouse up, which to me feels more natural. But I play unlocked and when I'm in a game I don't think about it anymore, I feel like I have more map awareness with the screen unlocked. It took getting used too, but mostly because I needed to hone my mouse sensitivity so that when I go to an edge to move the screen it moves just enough that I need it to for the amount of time I hold.

I was a noob to MOBA's before this game honestly and the first thing I noticed in my first game was that the camera didn't move to where my mouse went lol. With the overhead camera view like it is it just feels more natural for the camera to move to the edge I point my cursor to, like Civ or C&C. Honestly locked or unlocked is entirely preference and there is no distinct advantage to either. It is all player skill and the ability of that player to adapt to the game. Every game is different, you have to play to the conditions.

tl;dr - It doesn't matter.

SkribbetyPipe

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshpenant View Post
no
locked is more effective
and if you read, i already made my interface smaller
purple side sucks
Lock is not effective at all! If you want to lock at certain times, hold down the space bar. But locking your screen on yourself the entire match is just denying yourself the right to see where gankable enemy champions are. Please try a few games unlocked, it is so m uch better and will most likely make you a better player.

Skilltestingman

02-05-2012

funny, purple side usually becomes the winner

PhiPhenom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

I feel like a lot of people are missing the point. The problem is not that the poster needs to learn how to play unlocked. I play unlocked/locked depending on situation and map awareness needs. The problem is that there is a disadvantage to an aspect that riot has in the game. Riot put locked screen in the game, yet it is more beneficial to blue than purple. Most early level summoners play locked. You learn not to play locked, but the disadvantage of playing locked shouldn't be so great for only one side.

fr3nchtoa5t

02-06-2012

someone did say something about a reverse angle so purple feels like blue but i dont think riot will do it just cause they want more teemo skins...

Strikerfox

02-06-2012

I've heard they tried to reverse the map once but there were too many bugs. I wonder if concern over blue vs purple was the reason later maps were horizontal

dylpill21

02-06-2012

I play with my camera unlocked, but I do also like having the camera locked around me in certain situations. After practicing switching in game, I just naturally push Y or tap spacebar to refocus the camera on myself and I dont have any issues playing purple side, just have to hone your reflexes and glance at the minimap every few seconds, as all good players should do.

SmudgePudge

02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshpenant View Post
no
locked is more effective
and if you read, i already made my interface smaller
purple side sucks
My suggestion to you would be to watch some live streams from the professionals. Not only would you quickly see how ridiculous your comment of 'no, locked is more effective' actually is but you might also learn how to manipulate the camera better.

Imho your problem isn't which side of the map you are on, its your whole perspective of the game. Playing with a locked camera most of the time means your focus is on your champ most of the time. That mind set is fundamentally flawed. Your focus should be on your target, whatever that may be. You are directing your champ to do things. If you are saying that you can't see what you are trying to target with a locked camera, then I would say I think you've found your problem.

And the argument of 'then I will be susceptible to ganks' is easily solved by two words - mini map.

Struddle

02-06-2012

What people are trying to say even if they are going about it wrong by being short and blunt is that by playing with a locked camera at all you are gimping yourself because you dont have free movement of the camera.

Playing with a locked camera is the same as playing with a handicap..... Using the "camera center" feature is different then using the "camera lock". I will often use camera center to get my focus back on me if say I get lost in a team fight because sometimes things get hectic. I find that camera lock in itself is quite restrictive and that is the reason why it is unused by many.

To say that the game should be balanced around the minority of people that actually play "camera lock" is just silly. A majority of people don't use it because it's inefficient and restricts your vision of the screen. The problem your having is easily fixed by unlocking your screen and moving freely.

Not trying to seem rude or blunt but the players that do play "camera locked" are probably quite new to the MOBA genre and have not been playing as long or are used to having a fixed screen (like runescape or something) because the screen is locked in a fixed place there. Unfortunately you wont have much support as playing while only being able to look at your champion in the middle of your screen no matter how short the time is basically giving you tunnel vision that does not allow you to see the whole map or even things just off your screen.....

3ternalkarma

02-06-2012

the people that tell you to L2 play with unlocked screen are taking this game to seriously, we are talking about casuals that DONT want to take this game seriously and play for fun and the camera on purple are stoping them from doing that