I believe purple side is at a disadvantage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IReiDzI

02-02-2012

Locked camera = ( ) )lllD

InfinityDread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-02-2012

I can't believe this is still being discussed. I think playing with a locked camera severely restricts your view and puts you at a disadvantage. I realise some people play with it locked early on while you work at the mechanics of the game but you should really graduate to free cam.

As an asside It is incredibly frustrating when you start a game on SR and you are purple and someone on your team is like (sorry guys i dont play purple and leaves) it has happened to me twice in the last month and i am sick of it. i'm only Lv 23 but i assume at higher levels and ranked that players either learn to compensate for the view or play free cam.

Eagle X D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Simple Answer.... Long But Simple

Blue Team Advantages:
*Dragon Control
*Red Buff AD Carry
*Double Golems For Bot Lane
*First Pick (Draft, Ranked)

Blue Team Disadvantages:
*Less Baron Control

Purple Team Advantages:
*More Baron Control
*Double Golems For Top
*Red Buff For Top
*Last Counter Pick (Draft, Ranked)

Purple Team Disadvantages:
*Less Dragon Control

Now which team would you rather after reading that... well of course i play with unlocked screen but still. its pretty much saying. Top lane or bot lane and dragon or baron

Fleshpenant

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityDread View Post
I can't believe this is still being discussed. I think playing with a locked camera severely restricts your view and puts you at a disadvantage. I realise some people play with it locked early on while you work at the mechanics of the game but you should really graduate to free cam.

As an asside It is incredibly frustrating when you start a game on SR and you are purple and someone on your team is like (sorry guys i dont play purple and leaves) it has happened to me twice in the last month and i am sick of it. i'm only Lv 23 but i assume at higher levels and ranked that players either learn to compensate for the view or play free cam.
that doesnt make sense
why would you wait until you go in game to leave

Eagle X D

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleshpenant View Post
that doesnt make sense
why would you wait until you go in game to leave
because what hes saying is when your in champion select. where it says "your team" it highlights it in the color of your team

Sky Sanctum

02-02-2012

You say that playing on the purple side cuts off some of your playing screen?

Instead of complaining about how much of a weakness it is, turn it around and make it a strength. How? By learning to become more aware of what you can't see. Map awareness is very much a part of this game. And yes, I agree that playing purple is a bit tougher, but let's face it. If they're five pushing mid, you don't need to see what's behind you at all.

And if you still feel the need to watch what's behind you, ward your backside. There's always time to slap your eyes to the mini-map, a split second is all you need to catch someone breaking into your ward range.

bornl3gacy

02-03-2012

pick up smartcasting helps olaf's axe a ton just put your mouse where you wanna go and hit cast done!

ForsakenImp

02-03-2012

With a simple zooming out of just a bit, it would really be a non-issue. 1-2 wheel clicks of zooming out would allow one to see everything, while still allowing others to play with the same view they are used to.

Lord Revelation

02-03-2012

There's a wonderful slider called UI Scale. Use it, it works wonders.

Fleshpenant

02-03-2012

I already do everything everybody feels the need to suggest. INCLUDING unlocking camera. it still means you have to move the camera slightly off from when you are on blue side. these things don't make it a non-issue