Capability of new bots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkFuzz3825

01-30-2012

I've been wondering a few things about the new bots, and I kinda don't want to sit through a 5-minute video explaining answers. So I was wondering...

To what extent will these bots be able to function? Will these bots be able to wait in the brush to set up a potential gank? Will they have both jungling and counter-jungling capabilities, being able to understand jungle respawn timers and pre-programmed jungle routes?

Some bots that I've played with/against have a tendency to loop around in a circle in the base and sometimes even get trapped in a wall until I have to manually push them out, mostly when I'm doing custom games, but in some Co-op as well. Will these bugs or such be changed?

Suppose I'm a Level 5 summoner. I don't know Summoner Spells like Flash or Ignite. Will those spells still be available to the opposing bots?

How does the system choose which bots to pair the players against? I know that all the roles have to be filled, but it would be kinda cool if the system analyzed your team composition and conjured a team that counters yours.

Do bots have a set build that they follow rigidly or do they have the ability to adapt their build based on the situation?

These changes seem very exciting, and I just want to see how they will turn out.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Cookeh I

01-30-2012

To what extent will these bots be able to function? Will these bots be able to wait in the brush to set up a potential gank? Will they have both jungling and counter-jungling capabilities, being able to understand jungle respawn timers and pre-programmed jungle routes? I'm not sure about bots sitting in the brush waiting for a potential gank but Phreak and his "men" had described the bots ganking and not much as been said about jungling.

Some bots that I've played with/against have a tendency to loop around in a circle in the base and sometimes even get trapped in a wall until I have to manually push them out, mostly when I'm doing custom games, but in some Co-op as well. Will these bugs or such be changed? They will most likely be changed, but I wouldn't consider these "bugs" they are bots and have no brain... So hopefully these smarter bots will be able to actually chase instead of you running in a brush and they go "wdf shen teleport??"

Suppose I'm a Level 5 summoner. I don't know Summoner Spells like Flash or Ignite. Will those spells still be available to the opposing bots? They most likely will have these summoner spells as you will be playing with others that can be higher than your level.

How does the system choose which bots to pair the players against? I know that all the roles have to be filled, but it would be kinda cool if the system analyzed your team composition and conjured a team that counters yours. This probably wont be added in and it is just a random team comp you will go against.

Do bots have a set build that they follow rigidly or do they have the ability to adapt their build based on the situation? The bots most likely have a set build as it would be very hard to make a new build depending on the current situation they are in.

These changes seem very exciting, and I just want to see how they will turn out.
I can't wait too !