Drop Hacking In League Of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrnxiKOD

07-21-2010

I recently played a game of LoL, where everyone on my team had to keep constantly reconnecting into the game, after the 3rd time I realized someone was using an illegal program to do this. No enemy players had this issue and it seems that the constant reconnection caused my team to lose the game.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

07-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

League of Legends is not p2p.

Another user cannot cause another user to disconnect

Ad Victoriam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Or maybe the rest of your team was on the same connection/in the same area?

Like Pen said, other users cannot directly impact your connection since everyone goes through the same servers during gameplay.

Also, p2p stands for peer-to-peer, meaning a direct connection between computers, as in a LAN game.

Teh Idort

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

I wouldn't blame this on a hacker, Though I have noticed a tad more lag than usual when S1 kicked off, I think it has to do with the whole "server load is strained so no more practice mode till later" that one of the devs said somewhere.

Hopefully the lag will be fixed mate. I know I've cost my team about 3 games so far because of it :/

UnitedWeStand

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
League of Legends is not p2p.

Another user cannot cause another user to disconnect
This. People, please stop making ridiculous "OMG I GOT HAXED!!11!!!" threads.

Holy Malevolence

07-21-2010

Conveniently, the name Mundo was under this. And it reminded me of a story about god mundo going where he pleased, capable of spawn killing and destroying the spawn tower.

Raisu

07-21-2010

"Also, p2p stands for peer-to-peer, meaning a direct connection between computers, as in a LAN game."

Wrong, peer-to-peer isn't a direct connection between computers. Think for a moment, if you're downloading music on one of the common peer-to-peer network programs, are you directly connected to the computer your downloading the music from? No.

Why? Because, to even connect to that network, you go through your ISP's server to the server providing the peer to peer network.

That said, I'd doubt it was caused by a hacker, however I wouldn't put the possibility out.

Reason being is that on another game I used to play, and (non-abusively) hack on (ie: I would only kill the real abusive hackers who were ruining the game, otherwise you'd find me playing normally), a friend of mine found out a way to Delete other people's characters.

Now, surely most would believe that something like character deletions could only possibly come from the account the character is on, correct? Well, fact is he was able to do it, and even told the game's developers exactly how to fix it and was ignored for 6 months until he made it so they were forced to fix it.

Unlikely something like that has happened here. But I really doubt the possibility should be put down immediately without question.

Morinav

07-21-2010

I play with a bunch of friends who all live in the same house. We had a game once where their internet went down, so 3 people on my team DC'ed all at the same time. It was hilarious, we lost, but still hilarious.

Edit: Misread what someone posted, stuff removed.

Solumas

07-21-2010

I came in here hoping someone found a way to make it rain Pantheons, I am sadly disappointed.

Preacherboy

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisu View Post
"Also, p2p stands for peer-to-peer, meaning a direct connection between computers, as in a LAN game."

Wrong, peer-to-peer isn't a direct connection between computers. Think for a moment, if you're downloading music on one of the common peer-to-peer network programs, are you directly connected to the computer your downloading the music from? No.

Why? Because, to even connect to that network, you go through your ISP's server to the server providing the peer to peer network.

That said, I'd doubt it was caused by a hacker, however I wouldn't put the possibility out.

Reason being is that on another game I used to play, and (non-abusively) hack on (ie: I would only kill the real abusive hackers who were ruining the game, otherwise you'd find me playing normally), a friend of mine found out a way to Delete other people's characters.

Now, surely most would believe that something like character deletions could only possibly come from the account the character is on, correct? Well, fact is he was able to do it, and even told the game's developers exactly how to fix it and was ignored for 6 months until he made it so they were forced to fix it.

Unlikely something like that has happened here. But I really doubt the possibility should be put down immediately without question.
I had a friend who had an orange and it gave 100 dollar bills. No really it happened...