Reduce surrender time in 5v5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SamuraiPanda

07-21-2010

For ranked AT 5v5, it honestly seems like 25 minutes is far too long. Every game that has ended in a surrender that I have played so far was over around 10 minutes before the losing team could vote to surrender. When half of the team (yours or your opponent's) says GG at the 12 minute mark, odds are high there won't be an epic comeback any time soon. In my opinion, the surrender time should be 15 minutes in ranked AT 5v5s.

The negatives that exist for early surrender in normal games are non-existent for ranked. No team will try to farm IP by early surrendering over and over, because their ELO will plummet so there won't even be a point to playing ranked anymore. And there won't be very many instances where your team surrenders leaving you to WTF at why, because these are arranged teams so you know all (or most) of your teammates. You made the decision to go into the game with them.

There really isn't any reason I can think of for why the surrender time shouldn't be reduced.

Skyyless

07-21-2010

Wow, people give up fast huh. lol This game isnt for them.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

07-21-2010

Surrender time used to be 15 minutes back in the day. This was too easily exploited. With the added incentive of ELO gain on top of IP, it's unlikely this would be changed.

SamuraiPanda

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Surrender time used to be 15 minutes back in the day. This was too easily exploited. With the added incentive of ELO gain on top of IP, it's unlikely this would be changed.
ELO gain for the opposing team, not for yourself. How could this be abused by the surrendering team? What team would willingly lower their ELO multiple times for a small gain in IP?

Besides, they can just give less IP for surrenders under 25 minutes to completely get rid of the incentive altogether.

Visionary

07-21-2010

I for one don't want my team to be able to give up even sooner. And be able to do so at the penalty for my IP as suggested. Wins and losses should be determined by actions rather than discussed conclusions, faster surrenders are just encouraging people that give up rather than physically resolve the game. How many sports would you play where the right to surrender is more catered than the ability for the game to complete as designed?

JCalton

09-20-2010

I think that the surrender timer should lower by about 5 minutes per Leaver. [That would be 15 minutes in a 3v5.]

Leavers ruin LoL. (period) There's no reason to make us suffer through their Leave longer than necessary.