More Bans Equals Less Harassment

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FapMasterMark

07-27-2010

As a LoL player, I have come to expect a few things, good gameplay, and a lot of cussing, trash-talking, and just sheer fun. Even though the other team starts an argument, I'm usually the ONLY PLAYER that gets a file complaint on, because I just go in there and wreck their team. And FYI, there IS a LANGUAGE FILTER, which stops cussing and some verbal harrasing. I mean sure, anyone can use the * button on the keyboard, but little 12 year olds still try to ban you cuz they can. I feel language is not a problem, because typing /ignore is a much faster way of you not listening nto them. (Xbox Live has the same problem, but they invent a MUTE option!)

FapMasterMark

07-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy****** View Post
....and this was and still is the downfall of competitive computer games, giving bad players an ounce of power

If League of Legends ever plans on being a real competitive game (and lets face it, dota and heroes of newerth blow this wannabe game out of the water) they will need to accept that not every player is going to be well mannered. In fact, you'll come to find that most high quality players are the complete opposite.

To be honest, this game is made up primarily of people under the age of 18. I'm not saying everyone that plays it is, but for the most part this is my experience of this game.

Now let's say we're in a 5v5 league of legends game, and I'm playing shaco, and the game is about to start, and OH LOOK some 11 year old just fed the bloodlust to the other team before creeps eve spawned. Cool. Now you're giving that 11 year old power over someone who has a brain if someone tells him he's bad and should consider uninstalling his game. Interesting.

If I had a computer game out, and I wanted it to be competitive, I wouldn't want these bad players making up 90% of the playerbase, let alone giving them power to potentially ban players who are the one's who are going to make or break your games reputation.

Now we all know league of legends is dota/hon with new added **** that ruins the concept of the game, and removing all things that require skill like denying players/towers/creeps, creep pulling, efficient warding, rune control, needing aim to skill shot, items that make sense, heros that scale properly, and all sorts of othe goodies that make this game playable at an above average level with 20 APM (and LMFAO wtf is Ability Power lets all be carries imo). Now I'm sure most of you players in that 90%tile I just spoke of have no idea what APM is because you'll notice in League of Legends there is no real stats that break down a game and can accurately tell you the skill level of a player. No you'll just rate them by level, which is obtained by winning games. Oh, and losing games. Right. So basically you can lose every single game you've ever played in LoL and play ranked games ruining other players PSR along with yours. nice. Now you notice in a game like heroes of newerth they have interesting things like Microphone enabled team chat, Microphone enabled Lane chat (to talk to your lane partner only), Stats like APM, Gold/Min average per game, Creep kill average per game, neutral kill avg per game, kill/death/assist ratio average, average xp/min per game, average xp total per game, average game length per game, etc etc etc etc. Oh and if you leave games you get leaver%, get over 5% leaver % on games and youll have to play with the other serial disconnects.

Exciting stuff, but back to the topic at hand, reporting players, very dumb. WoW prettymuch paved the way for future games adding this feature giving bad players power to defend themselves when being encouraged to find other hobbies. And this is one of the many reasons WoW has such a diminishing playerbase, after xpac after xpac making the game easier and more appealing to the casual gamer the players who actually were making the game what it was left. And now WoW is what it is now, a joke.

Now you see I bolded something in the last paragraph so lets go over it. There are competitive games that are made for competitive players (this means people who aren't bad and can actually compete in games) and there are games made for the casual gamer. There can be inbetweens to this as well as long as the players in each category know their role. For example, Starcraft. Anyone can play starcraft but is a bad player going to try to play in iCCuP, PGT, WCG, WGT, or any other legitimate gaming competition? Probably not.

Now lets go back to league of legends because I actually was reading on a forum and people who play this game actually manage to think that it is some kind of well respected game in the competitive world? I can assure you that it is not. Being on G4 TV is not an accomplishment either, considering their ratings are not impressive and they highlight almost every game in existence that has ever been made....ever....because it is a television station about games....and there are a lot of hours in the day.....and not as many games as time is infinite so yeah. Great Job! I'm sure they mentioned the 2D Nintendo NES graphics as well, but I wouldn't know I don't watch that station.

Now I've played a lot of games in my day, and I've played a lot of games competitively, I have been flown to Seoul for gaming tournaments, California for Blizzcon, as well as many top tier gaming tournaments in the US and CA. The reason I'm saying this is because I'm sure I'm going to get lots of "in-denials" thinking they're good while playing league of legends....I've never been much into Dota, I've played heroes of newerth since the beta release and I play it on occasion, nothing too exciting either but on a competitive level it blows this game out of the park. Just the massive amount of skill required to be top tier at that game far exceeds this one, and I mean, literally this game is so all over the place. My psr on that game sits at around 1750-1800 which is exceptionally high considering I don't have 4+ years dota experience like the rest of the playerbase.

It's really not the game you people want it to be, and I sincerely wish you would all realize this. If you play this game for the gameplay and challenge then you need to quit computer games, or play HoN when they have the next free weekend and get massively owned by the worst players hon has to offer. It's really funny how a Hon/Dota player can play league of legends for the first time ever on a friends level 30 account, and dominate the entire game having no knowledge of items, heros, or the LMAO STUPID summoner spells.

Take this however you want, this isn't just how I feel. I actually have a good friend who is one of the top LoL euro players atm, and he will tell you the same thing Freebee knockoff games will be freebee knockoff games.

Good luck and I'm sure I'll get banned for this because we all know how great it is to give bad players the ability to report good ones.

-Jynx
Hey kid, if HoN is so good, why did you take the time to play LoL, and write a huge comment? L2hold arguments better.(HoN is all about last hitting, and surprise 3 hitting people)

WeNeverOpen

07-28-2010

I keep seeing, "Way to ruin teh game RIOT, Fix champs instead of bans, this game sucks, coddle this, try to get mah moniez nao."

Really, honestly and truly, you are a terrible player, noone cares that you spend money on this game because you act like an *** hat when you play and if you get banned LoL is better off without you. We don't care that you get moar killz, or that you sunk 500$ into this game, and neither does RIOT. You RUIN the game by being an *** hat. YOU, not the player with 3/21. They ruin a single match, your attitudes ruin EVERY game you join.

geoncic

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeNeverOpen View Post
I keep seeing, "Way to ruin teh game RIOT, Fix champs instead of bans, this game sucks, coddle this, try to get mah moniez nao."

Really, honestly and truly, you are a terrible player, noone cares that you spend money on this game because you act like an *** hat when you play and if you get banned LoL is better off without you. We don't care that you get moar killz, or that you sunk 500$ into this game, and neither does RIOT. You RUIN the game by being an *** hat. YOU, not the player with 3/21. They ruin a single match, your attitudes ruin EVERY game you join.

I'm sure there is less of a chance of them banning someone that consistently sinks money into the game :P It'd be interesting to know the criteria that the intern uses to ban people

Can we haz some transparency, Riot?

Hog0vHwZTWyohxRT

07-31-2010

Last patch balanced a lot of the game, I love to see bans to the harassers.

Andurin

08-04-2010

Honestly? this makes me sad. Not that I disagree with this at all. I support it. I believe in the Summoner Code strongly. What makes me sad is that the number of people banned must be such a high number. Perhaps one day the referral system and the suspension and ban of accounts..will no longer be required.

Shiino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2010

I just wanted to say that anyone can report anyone. I don't find it fair that someone should be banned after they are harrassed or egged on. The "umadbro" thing is getting absolutely old and when I make a joke and someone tells me to "stfu" I find it lame that I can't strike back with absolute defense. I know I have a filthy mouth but I Only get filthy when someone is harrassing me from high heaven. If anyone should be banned, it should be the players who start all that lame harrassing when nobody is doing anything wrong.

I'm just saying.

MisterExpendable

12-25-2010

Riise, old thread. Riiiiiiiiiiiise