More Bans Equals Less Harassment

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gibbilo

Senior Member

07-21-2010

Yeehaw!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meikat

Senior Member

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH D KiLe View Post
Guyz this is really wery good... BUT!
Lets say that if someone reports a summoner just becoz he hates him or just ecoz he died coz of him like 20 times...
Plzzz someone answer this...

TH...
They will review the chat logs and look at replays. If it's just someone being bad, they wont ban for it. If you're clearly intentionally feeding, expect at least a warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofri View Post
Question: if I report someone for whatever, do they at least get a warning?
I'd hate to be the cause of an unjustified ban, if someone was having a bad day or just lost their temper one game, but are good team players usually.
Depending on the severity, and frequency of the offenses, they either warn or temp ban. As they said in the post, they only close someone's account for the most severe offenses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altámbo

Senior Member

07-21-2010

I <3 you guys


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meikat

Senior Member

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokeoke View Post
Trash talk or "vulgar language" as you guys call it is a legit form of effective strategy... You ban people because they say something racial or make the others players uncomfortable with swearing and other dismayed terms, BUT you still have a profanity filter feature INGAME that takes care of all these problems with a check of the box.
Getting into peoples heads is a very important strategic method to bring demoralization to your opponent and thus helping you win the game. I don't understand why banning someone for being more witty or in most cases smarter than the opposing player is justified.
The problem is, they specifically said during beta that they wanted this game to NOT be like that. They were not merely creating a new dota. this is an evolution of dota and it happens to be a more mature evolution. Friendly trash talk is one thing, just being a complete jerk is another. They have a line that they feel everyone should not cross, and it's their game. Cross the line, and the owners of the game will choose to ban you. They're looking to create the most enjoyable experience for the largest group of people they can, and guess what? The majority of people do not enjoy a game where they're getting stomped due to fail teammates, and the other team is making fun of their futile attempts to play the game correctly instead of AFKing in the spawn. This is a friendly game with a lot of casual players, and especially in normal games now, winning is NOT everything. If you're witty and smarter than the opposing teammates, as you say you are, you should be able to beat them with your mouse and qwer keys alone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bomba Ucigasa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharangir View Post
Guys, the people that use the money argument are probably trolls. It's impossible that there's that much stupid people.
Trolling is an art, as you can see in Sharangir's example.

Will I be banned if I raise my vulgarity level during ingame verbal harassing to make the other team rage quit?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swams

Member

07-21-2010

how do you decide whats a good report and a frivolous one though? cuz sometimes people will say they will report people for feeding when in fact they are just playing bad. or people report someone for leaving a game when in fact they had comp/internet troubles and disconnected. i mean there has been times when i've left just because life happens and i have to do something, so I should face punishment as a result for these things? seems unfair


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyingduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-21-2010

Jesse! Please response to my ticket! love love.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saccoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

07-21-2010

Hurray a community of Game Designers that actually care.
Thanks Riot!!!
you make this game fun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phragmaplast

Member

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHeroic View Post
if you ****ing ban me after spending over 200 $ in this game i will find away to get back at you and plus to many ppl abuse report learn to play the game and btw some of us don't depend on daddy unlike someone ^^

You probably should have read the TOS before sinking money into the game then, eh? I for one am thrilled that Riot is prepared to ban a paying customer in order to give their other paying customers a better game experience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

okrichie

Senior Member

07-21-2010

I made this thread which is linked to the code: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=1545089

Bit of fun at least.. I agree that it's a toss up between severing chunks of the community and people getting along. Plus I say it's okay to complain sometimes, just a little.