More Bans Equals Less Harassment

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MokiMonster

07-21-2010

for real money doesnt mean squat if u are gonna abuse gameplay and ruin everyone elses fun because you "paid to do so"

TH D KiLe

07-21-2010

Guyz this is really wery good... BUT!
Lets say that if someone reports a summoner just becoz he hates him or just ecoz he died coz of him like 20 times...
Plzzz someone answer this...

TH...

Sharangir

07-21-2010

Guys, the people that use the money argument are probably trolls. It's impossible that there's that much stupid people.

Kokeoke

07-21-2010

Trash talk or "vulgar language" as you guys call it is a legit form of effective strategy... You ban people because they say something racial or make the others players uncomfortable with swearing and other dismayed terms, BUT you still have a profanity filter feature INGAME that takes care of all these problems with a check of the box.
Getting into peoples heads is a very important strategic method to bring demoralization to your opponent and thus helping you win the game. I don't understand why banning someone for being more witty or in most cases smarter than the opposing player is justified. I know they're some situations where the person needs to be banned for a short while for a temper tantrum/rage or in some cases where the person sets off a kkk rally's worth of racial slurs needs to be perma banned. What I'm getting at is not to ban the common troll, the person who forces the opponent to stop what hes doing and type something back cus of the rage subsiding in their heads, that guy who rubs in every kill and laughs off each death. I know those people get reported a lot too and you guys might start throwing ban's out just to slow down the hating/reports. I personally like to run my mouth from time to time, and I'm just worried that some pissed off 14 year old is gonna make me lose out on the $90+ I've put into this game.

just my thoughts...

Happy Campr

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
Together, we can make each team complete, cohesive, and lacking any comments about your mother.
But people only say positive things about my mother?

Ofri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-21-2010

Without getting too much into this, there's a difference between taunting and psychological warfare and just being a pathetic person.
There is a line to be drawn, and I'm sure Riot is aware of that line. for example, there is nothing strategic in someone saying "stfu you f noob, your mom is..." and similar
I spent 3 years in actual combat and even when you interrogate someone that doesn't yield results, it's just plain blunt.

Question: if I report someone for whatever, do they at least get a warning?
I'd hate to be the cause of an unjustified ban, if someone was having a bad day or just lost their temper one game, but are good team players usually.

Lord 0f Awesome

07-21-2010

Lol, Riot, you rock.

bangashop

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by throatslasher View Post
You wouldn't ban someone that's put any money into this game, right?
It is a business, after all. The root of all evil triumphs "the summoner's code".

Vardock

07-21-2010

lol throatslasher gave everyone a -1 who didnt agree with him xD
"Save the Monitors!"

Urobos

07-21-2010

Finally no more tryhards

12345612 ... 30