META: Boots of Swiftness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoS BoSS

02-16-2012

I AM NOT TRYING TO SAY BOOTS OF SWIFTNESS IS BETTER THAN BERSERKER'S GREAVES OR ANY OTHER BOOTS. I AM JUST DEFENDING THE CASE THAT BOOTS OF SWIFTNESS IS A VIABLE ITEM

WARNING - WALL OF TEXT

ok, so here's my thoughts on reading about boots of swiftness from the thread;

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1813226

thank you Bob36 for starting that thread to express your situation, and i know wat u mean by people reporting u for something soo low.

apparently, EVERYONE likes to downvote the people who seems to "approve" the use of BoS, and upvotes EVERYONE who "dislikes" it. gosh =S i wish i got half an RP for every time someone reads one and just automatically downvotes it cuz it approves the use of BoS.

n e ways, everyone who runs an AD carry will run the meta "no BoS, just grab a zeal+boot with add." there's a horrible flaw that ignorant people who dont understand kiting loves picking up these two combos and think they r the "BAWSS" and EVEN follow "PROS" who pick up a certain boot for a certain champ and go "[insert PRO name] uses [boot other than BoS] for [Champ] so it's REALLY GOOD FOR THEM!" JUST PURE IGNORANCE, WHY DON'T YOU START SOMETHING NEW AND PICK UP A NEW BUILD SO PEOPLE CAN GO "[your name] uses [item] for [champ], it's pretty good" AND THEN U START A NEW META

read on about the scenarios plz...

Attack Speed = AS
Move Speed = MS

--CHAMP-ITEMS-(GIVEN:-ALL-AD-ITEMS-R-SAME)--
Scenario 1 (Meta AD builds, no slows btw):
Champ 1 (320 MS) - Berserker Greaves (70 MS) + Phantom Dancer (MSx1.15) = 448.5

Champ 2 (320 MS) - Berserker Greaves (70 MS) + Phantom Dancer (MSx1.15) = 448.5

Scenario 2: (BoS VS Meta, no slows btw):
Champ 1 (320 MS) - Boots of Swiftness (90 MS) + Phantom Dancer (MSx1.15) = 471.5

Champ 2 (320 MS) - Berserker Greaves (70 MS) + Phantom Dancer (MSx1.15) = 448.5

----------------------------------META----------------------------------
One VS One - let's say both just used all CD and now just Auto Attack chasing

-Clearly, you can see that in scenario 1, if Champ 1 were to run, then Champ 2 would run rite after and if the Champ 2 lands a hit, S/HE WILL STOP TO DO ATTACK ANIMATION, THEN RUN AFTER AGAIN and therefore, lose this chase after one single hit, IF they can land one.

Team Fight - positioning is key

-whoever can KITE and chase enemy running away in the battle and live to kill all enemy champs will win. both champs have equal ground. same AS and same MS.

----------------------------BoS VS META----------------------------
One VS One - same thing, both just used all CD and now just Auto Attack chasing

-Champ 2 realizes they are low on health from tower pushing, Champ 1 pops up and runs right after, and EVERY other step is an attack because Champ 1 has 23 MS more than Champ 2 resulting a kill if chased far enough without interruptions.

-Champ 1 realizes they are low on health from tower pushing, Champ 2 pops up and runs right after, and since Champ 1 has 23 MS more than Champ 2 resulting an escape from Champ 1 or worse, if Champ 1 is Range and Champ 2 is Melee, kiting is resulted from Champ 1 to Champ 2, and later, switches to Champ 1 chasing Champ 2... lol!

Team Fight - position is key

-KITING and position searching for Champ 1 is soo much easier due to the MS advantage therefore being able to chase enemy champs in the chaos and not being able to die easier if thing's don't look good on their side.

-Champ 2 on the other hand will have to watch out for everything Champ 1 has to, and if things fail, running away will result in as the BoS VS META's One VS One scenario.

----------------------------ARGUMENTS----------------------------
i know some of you will go:

"why would Champ 2 run if they got more AS than Champ 1?!?! they can just lifesteal it right back!"

-Champ 2 already has low health and if stand and fight, for sure death, running and juking is the only way now, and even if they can lifesteal, the 20% attack speed boost only gives Champ 2 maybe a clear 1 more hit for a total of 6 hits while Champ 1 does 5 hits only... that is still very low to pick up an extra hit to lifesteal when you already know your health can not stand long enuf for those hits.

"Champ 2 will win that team fight, just stand and shoot/attack"

-be realistic here... NOT EVERY FIGHT IS THE SAME. we all have been in 5v5's where we dominated this fight, but the next fight we all died or vice verse.

"i would just pick up Mercury boots for team fights if they got CC all over"

-Clearly who would not?? i was basically comparing the scenarios of just AS and MS, but then again, if you are ranged champion, you're probably not going to be in all the chaos.

Now i know not every 2 AD Champs will have the same items and skills, but this is just an EXAMPLE if two Champs did come close to such a build and skills.

there you go, i'm ready to see some more Downvotes from people who thinks i deserve it and eventually this thread will just be closed like the other BoS threads because it has picked up 20 downvotes...

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Really, Swifts aren't treated as viable mainly because they don't provide any of the utility that the other boots provide, and they only provide 20 MS more than the others. That amount CAN make the difference in a chase, unless they've got their own MS steroid/gap closer/soft or hard CC...wait a sec, there is no champion in the game that doesn't have any MS steroids, gap closers, or soft/hard CC except Mordekaiser, who has a ranged spell and his ulti.

If you're chasing them with Swifts, good job, they're the slightest bit less likely to escape.

The only situation I've seen Swifts viable is on AP Singed with Moonflair Spellblade for the Tenacity.

DoS BoSS

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Really, Swifts aren't treated as viable mainly because they don't provide any of the utility that the other boots provide, and they only provide 20 MS more than the others. That amount CAN make the difference in a chase, unless they've got their own MS steroid/gap closer/soft or hard CC...wait a sec, there is no champion in the game that doesn't have any MS steroids, gap closers, or soft/hard CC except Mordekaiser, who has a ranged spell and his ulti.

If you're chasing them with Swifts, good job, they're the slightest bit less likely to escape.

The only situation I've seen Swifts viable is on AP Singed with Moonflair Spellblade for the Tenacity.
have u ever played a game where u were soooooo close to being able to activate your "gap closer" but they just got away by a mere unit?? or their "gap closer" is used as an escape (tryndamere spin, zigg's hop)?? how about "gap closing in" and they stun (say they got 10 sec CD on it) u right there??

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiSeng View Post
have u ever played a game where u were soooooo close to being able to activate your "gap closer" but they just got away by a mere unit?? or their "gap closer" is used as an escape (tryndamere spin, zigg's hop)?? how about "gap closing in" and they stun (say they got 10 sec CD on it) u right there??
Scenario's 1 and 2: Okay, so they got away. I immediately think about the next thing I can do to help my team, instead of worrying about the guy that got away. Sure, it can suck when they survive by 10 HP, but unless you're playing an extremely kill-dependent champion like Poppy or Leblanc, it shouldn't really be your focus. If you're playing a kill-dependent champion, it's likely you have built-in tools for catching up anyway.

Third scenario: So you initiated and they stunned you...Merc Treads?

DoS BoSS

02-16-2012

Quote:
Scenario's 1 and 2: Okay, so they got away. I immediately think about the next thing I can do to help my team, instead of worrying about the guy that got away. Sure, it can suck when they survive by 10 HP, but unless you're playing an extremely kill-dependent champion like Poppy or Leblanc, it shouldn't really be your focus. If you're playing a kill-dependent champion, it's likely you have built-in tools for catching up anyway.

Third scenario: So you initiated and they stunned you...Merc Treads?
scenarios 1 & 2, u r totally rite, but wat if it is crucial to killing that champion who's just 3 levels higher and this is your chance? and missing 1 is fine, but wat if u r missing 3 or more later in game?? the person kills ur tower and just runs off with it. if they survive once, they will survive again

sry but, idk for your question in 3rd scenario... why would an AD champ who's main theme is to DPS initiate in?? not unless they r someone who has good sustainability to jump in and out... like WuKong for example =D

btw, thx for the questions

BOT32

02-16-2012

imo (and this is purely my opinion the reason there are soo many different boots is so that every champ can customize to theyre game play... some chose (mostly competitve players and vets) to customize theyre boots/build to counter the opponents builds/play style.. some chose (mostly newer/casual players) to build to theyre likeings or based off how they have played the champ before and done well with.... both do the same thing at one point or another and that is try different things which is why (again my opinion) LoL is soo fun to play sooo many different aspects to consider when buying items and chosing playstyle (do i play aggressive or passive) in the end numbers and stats mean nothing to 90% of the players it all comes down to how much fun [insert player] has buying [insert item] (not mocking anyone just stating how i feel)

DoS BoSS

02-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOT32 View Post
imo (and this is purely my opinion the reason there are soo many different boots is so that every champ can customize to theyre game play... some chose (mostly competitve players and vets) to customize theyre boots/build to counter the opponents builds/play style.. some chose (mostly newer/casual players) to build to theyre likeings or based off how they have played the champ before and done well with.... both do the same thing at one point or another and that is try different things which is why (again my opinion) LoL is soo fun to play sooo many different aspects to consider when buying items and chosing playstyle (do i play aggressive or passive) in the end numbers and stats mean nothing to 90% of the players it all comes down to how much fun [insert player] has buying [insert item] (not mocking anyone just stating how i feel)
lol, bot32 totally true man =D i'm just out here hoping no "go-with-meta" players out there will want to just report someone like bob36 for picking up boots of swiftness.

JustMyBassCannon

02-16-2012

Quote:
scenarios 1 & 2, u r totally rite, but wat if it is crucial to killing that champion who's just 3 levels higher and this is your chance? and missing 1 is fine, but wat if u r missing 3 or more later in game?? the person kills ur tower and just runs off with it. if they survive once, they will survive again
If they're 3 levels ahead of you, why are you the only one trying to catch and kill them?
Quote:
btw, thx for the questions
That may be the first time I've been thanked for questioning the logic behind reasoning.

DoS BoSS

02-16-2012

Quote:
If they're 3 levels ahead of you, why are you the only one trying to catch and kill them?

That may be the first time I've been thanked for questioning the logic behind reasoning.
seeing as they r alone, u take the initiative to go in for the easy kill u can get, with that and knowing that for sure you will win this 3 lvl dif fight.

Mister Omega

02-16-2012

BoS are good on Singed, if I need tenacity on him I buy a moonflair spellblade. But he's the only hero I buy them on.