@Riot Ambassador - IP costs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mechanikatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Reply #1000!

Don't downvote me for pointing out how fast this thread grew.

It shows how much people care about these sorts of topics, and that Riot takes the time to respond swiftly if something is seriously amiss.

Noxious Seraph

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Yes, we've thought about it and decided against it.

We don't want to open the door even in the slightest to "selling power" in PvP.
You kind of already do with IP boosts, If you stack the day and win ones you can have runes much faster than others.

luukkaah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
Hello Ninjakrew, thanks for reaching out to us!

Have you taken a look around General Discussion lately? There are TONS of threads about this particular subject. As a courtesy to the rest of our community we try not to split conversations up into multiple threads, so I won't be able to give in-depth answers to these questions here.

Take a look in General Discussion and contribute your voice to the existing threads!

-The Beard
OMG.... Hey you need to change your forum system, check every forum and there norms.... you dont get it... so fail...

Ueber

01-31-2012

Awesome dialogue here, lots of respect for coming in and having a (long) talk when the community gets a bit stressed/chomps at the bit.

On the topic of the thread IP costs for champions, could you guys please give some thought to increasing the number of free champions in the rotation? Paying 6300 for a new or reasonably new champion is a huge investment of my time that I'm happy to do--if I like the champion. I've gotten burned a few times buying out the gate and like to let things settle down, the community learn how to best use the champion, etc. However, there's so many champions now that if I miss the week-after free week rotation it can be months and months. Take Yorick, it looks like he's been free two weeks since release (since June). I'd love to have more of an opportunity to try before I buy.

Mobius0ne

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorMic View Post
Trynd, not that I (and everyone else here) don't appreciate you responding a lot to all of these questions. But as president of Riot Games I would assume that at 8AM you would have quite a bit of work to do. What would your mother say if she knew you were delaying your workload to talk to your friends online?
Pssssh, this is a sales meeting, obviously.
We ARE his customers.

Jixson

Senior Recruiter

01-31-2012

Trynd is there any way you can comment on skin changes? Most importantly Magnificent Twisted Fate, Red Baron Corki and the like. Those threads have been up forever and most have has a red response, but that was a year or so ago in many of them.

I know that's an art team problem, but any word on this?

Darkwahn

01-31-2012

The regular QA session sounds very nice, and Im sure the entire community thinks its awesome to have so many posts in a short time by the pres of Riot. Still a shame that the community randomly acts like piranhas and scares reds away. :P

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

01-31-2012
32 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorMic View Post
Trynd, not that I (and everyone else here) don't appreciate you responding a lot to all of these questions. But as president of Riot Games I would assume that at 8AM you would have quite a bit of work to do. What would your mother say if she knew you were delaying your workload to talk to your friends online?
The average Riot work day is as follows:

- Wake up
- Drink elixir of fortitude (necessary to read forums)
- Proceed to read forums
- Play a game of LOL, work out or eat breakfast (depending on your cup of tea)

- Get to the office between 9am-10am
- Work on awesome all day long
- Leave the office (on average) between 8:30pm and 11pm
- Go home and play LOL
- Go to bed

- Rinse / repeat

Ozmega

01-31-2012

how about boosting a bit the ip/exp awarded for playing TT? that would make the map more played imo

Eph289

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
The average Riot work day is as follows:

- Wake up
- Drink elixir of fortitude (necessary to read forums)
- Proceed to read forums
- Play a game of LOL, work out or eat breakfast (depending on your cup of tea)

- Get to the office between 9am-10am
- Work on awesome all day long
- Leave the office (on average) between 8:30pm and 11pm
- Go home and play LOL
- Go to bed

- Rinse / repeat
Someone's been channeling his inner Kennen given how much he's been posting on this thread.

Jeez, Trynd, don't you need to sleep for more than 5 hours at a time?