bruiser build for pentheon.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mlyy

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
The point is if that build works so well on Pantheon, it'll work twice as well on a real bruiser. Especially one that can really make use of all that attack speed, like Xin Zhao or Volibear.
Probably! I could think of a few myself, but this is a wonderful novelty on Pantheon though. It's a pretty fun build. I wouldn't use it in a ranked game if dominion ever gets those in any case. I wouldn,t use it in SR either. But for a good time, this build is pretty fun and it actually contributes to a win in the right hands. Positioning and timing is important though.

Thestuey

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Why...are you playing an ability based champion and building them to autoattack?! There are literally dozens of other melee champions who such a build is better suited for. You might as well build Deathcaps on Mundo while you're at it.
Mundo will wear the death cap when he pleases.

On topic, you're trying to build a champ to do something that they don't do well, instead of on a champ whose skills lend themselves to doing this as well.

Roundabout

01-30-2012

I've seen a few Panths with Brutalizer, Phage, Mercs, Bloodthirster, and Thornmail. That build seemed to work very well vs many other AD's, and many other champs in general.

Whi

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlyy View Post
I haven't seen anyone else use this build, but i've had quite the nice success with it when we need more AD and tanky (i.e. if the entire team choses AP casters)

frozen mallet, beserker,s greaves, hexdrinker, sanguine blade, wit's end and stark's fervor.

the shield procs a lot with the attack speed and I do pretty decent damage. I get a good enough amount of magic resist too.Ii don't get much trouble from AD carries(shield), but I think AD casters would screw me over though (haven't faced them much yet I think).

I don't rely on heartseeker strike for damage, but the passive seals the deal most of the time. I harass with it from the end of it's range as well as the spear toss. Often times I actually do finish an enemy off with it if they manage to start escaping and spear is on cooldown.

for runes I use armour, magic resist and crit chance and crit chance quints. I go 9-21-0 for masteries.

Thoughts?

edit: title's typo *Pantheon, but I guess the pen is mightier than the sword.
Just do 21/6/3 Arpen quints, Arpen mark, Health scale yellow, CDR scale blue. (Arpen is requirement for Pantheon)

and build berserker's, brutalizer, sanguine blade, hexdrinker, Frozen mallet,

VenomBurn

01-30-2012

My build is

Ionian Boots of Lucidity + The Black Cleaver + Thornmail + Zeal (and up it to a Phantom Dancer) if time and money permit.

Its worked well for me.

Roundabout

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomBurn View Post
My build is

Ionian Boots of Lucidity + The Black Cleaver + Thornmail + Zeal (and up it to a Phantom Dancer) if time and money permit.

Its worked well for me.
Yeah the Thornmail works extremely well for Pantheon, and I could see it also working well for Wukong.

Mlyy

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whi View Post
Just do 21/6/3 Arpen quints, Arpen mark, Health scale yellow, CDR scale blue. (Arpen is requirement for Pantheon)

and build berserker's, brutalizer, sanguine blade, hexdrinker, Frozen mallet,
lol, I wasn't asking for tips on optimum pantheon build. thanks though. (everyone builds this with pantheon btw, it's easy to see it's the prefered build)

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

I like to go Prospector's blade, boots, brutalizer, frozen mallet, Atma's.. then whatever else ya need, IE, Last Whisper, etc. I've never really seen anyone build attack speed on him, although his passive would be up more often.

SifuCalvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Prospectors, CDR boots or Merc Treads, brutalizer, Last Whisper
Then any defense items needed, odyns veil, glacial shroud, thornmail
Last item Sanguine Blade/Infinity Edge
If you want to build the proc on Pantheons shield, don't build Attack Speed, if you lower the cooldown on your stun, it will give you a free shield more often, plus if you spam your other skills in between attacks you will also get shield procs.