Dominion Early Elo Gain is Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFunderstorm

01-29-2012

Someone with 3W/1L record should NOT be 1800 in dominion. I expect to play with people who at least TRY to play the game at this level. I know its normal and I understand if you are bad or not trying 110% but I DO expect not to get matched with players with this mindset:

Quote:
Lol madnoob, Dom is just new practice mode
who then plays AS fiddle and goes 7-20-x and doesn't even try to capture points or defend them.

JamesLeBoss

01-29-2012

WTF did you read his Elo properly or are you 1800 and he was in your game?

If the player base queuing up for games is too small, match making will bump lower Elo premades into higher Elos. I've seen a 300 Elo difference between highest Elo and premade's highest Elo

Basoosh

01-30-2012

A lot of people have theorized that your normal Summoner's Rift Elo plays some kind of role in determining your starting Dominion Elo. Could be a factor in this situation.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
A lot of people have theorized that your normal Summoner's Rift Elo plays some kind of role in determining your starting Dominion Elo. Could be a factor in this situation.
Riot has confirmed this. It's for good reason. You don't want a 1900 elo player coming in & playing a dozen games with 1100 elo players just starting dominion. No one has fun there. The question of ranking them is non-trivial, and there are always going to be mistakes in it.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

'Lol madnoob, Dom is just new practice mode '

The problem is not them thinking this. The problem is that Dominion queues are not currently divided into 'blind pick', 'draft pick', and 'LolDom is the new practice mode'.