losing 10 elo for q dodging ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCrushinatorv2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

So i just relized i lost 10 elo for every time I que dodge in ranked. WTF?

I can understand punishment for q dodging a normal game because normal games is just 4 practice and stuff, but ranked games?

I just que dodged a game where I called solo top first, and i had first pick. I picked kennen and when it got down all the way 2 the last pick the the guy who called solo top after me picked nasus and locked in and said he wanted 2 solo top. OF COARSE I had 2 que dodge this game.

Que dodging HAS to be something people can do if they think someone is trolling, people don't troll by intentionally feeding anymore, all they have to do is make retarded ass picks so their team is already at a disadvantage. Riot you are encouraging trolls. If all a troll has to do is pick teemo when the team needed a jungler to get someone to lose 10 elo then the tribunal is no good.

It's just like when riot buffed vlad, they saw all the QQ on the forums about how people got 5 que dodges in a row, then never thought of the consequences when they made the change. Every time i get close to breaking 1200 something like this happens and the rest of my team doesn't wanna que dodge. EVERY TIME. I've lost over 200 elo que dodging, please riot, stop this ****.

Question Hound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

Part of raising your elo is learning to deal with suboptimal team compositions and trying your hardest to win regardless. Let's break down your argument, shall we?

1st -- The idea that being punished for normal-dodging and not for ranked is absurd. If normals are just for practice, as you say, then the OPPOSITE should be true: why should I be punished for skipping out on some practice?

2nd -- I'm guessing you're about 1000 elo, at the highest. If you're feeling a sense of possession about lane choices, then you're clearly not flexible enough to be higher ranked. In such and such a team comp, Nasus is far more reliant on solo farm than Kennen. You could have gone mid, or even bot as either support OR carry. Flexibility and maturity are two things you have to develop if you want to climb out of elo hell. Why act the same way as the "trolls?" By dodging, you waste everyone's time, especially your own. You didn't HAVE to do anything -- you petulantly decided that your opinion was better than everyone else's.

3rd -- The simple fact of the matter is, you will NOT have a perfect game every single time you queue up. To be quite blunt, you can't expect stellar teamplay at your elo, and your best bet is to simply carry yourself and your team to victory. Your teammate wants to play Teemo? Fine, you just deal with it and focus your hardest on playing your best. League is a snowball-heavy game, and if you can do exceptionally, then you can carry your team, even if they aren't doing as well as you. People aren't "trolling" nearly as much as you seem to think they are -- you're just at a rough and amateurish place on the ladders.

4th -- To be quite blunt again, the League forums are FULL of people like you: unskilled and rage-filled players who feel like constant complaining will be an alternative to practice, dedication and good gameplay. In the end, it's not Riot's fault that you queue-dodged; it's YOUR fault. I don't even know how Vladimir's buffs are related to the idea of queue-dodging, so I'm going to skip over that part. The thing to take away from this is that YOU are the one who influences your games most. If you keep cultivating this sort of negative attitude, it's going to carry over into your gameplay and make you rage even more. It's just so counterproductive to ***** and complain over things that are really, to be honest, quite inevitable for a while. Also, with 200 elo lost, that means you've dodged over 20 games. If you're not careful, you'll get busted for dodging so much. Then we'll have ANOTHER QQ thread about how unfair Riot is.

Seriously, bro: check yourself before you wreck yourself.

TheCrushinatorv2

01-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimKarasu View Post
Part of raising your elo is learning to deal with suboptimal team compositions and trying your hardest to win regardless. Let's break down your argument, shall we?

1st -- The idea that being punished for normal-dodging and not for ranked is absurd. If normals are just for practice, as you say, then the OPPOSITE should be true: why should I be punished for skipping out on some practice?

2nd -- I'm guessing you're about 1000 elo, at the highest. If you're feeling a sense of possession about lane choices, then you're clearly not flexible enough to be higher ranked. In such and such a team comp, Nasus is far more reliant on solo farm than Kennen. You could have gone mid, or even bot as either support OR carry. Flexibility and maturity are two things you have to develop if you want to climb out of elo hell. Why act the same way as the "trolls?" By dodging, you waste everyone's time, especially your own. You didn't HAVE to do anything -- you petulantly decided that your opinion was better than everyone else's.

3rd -- The simple fact of the matter is, you will NOT have a perfect game every single time you queue up. To be quite blunt, you can't expect stellar teamplay at your elo, and your best bet is to simply carry yourself and your team to victory. Your teammate wants to play Teemo? Fine, you just deal with it and focus your hardest on playing your best. League is a snowball-heavy game, and if you can do exceptionally, then you can carry your team, even if they aren't doing as well as you. People aren't "trolling" nearly as much as you seem to think they are -- you're just at a rough and amateurish place on the ladders.

4th -- To be quite blunt again, the League forums are FULL of people like you: unskilled and rage-filled players who feel like constant complaining will be an alternative to practice, dedication and good gameplay. In the end, it's not Riot's fault that you queue-dodged; it's YOUR fault. I don't even know how Vladimir's buffs are related to the idea of queue-dodging, so I'm going to skip over that part. The thing to take away from this is that YOU are the one who influences your games most. If you keep cultivating this sort of negative attitude, it's going to carry over into your gameplay and make you rage even more. It's just so counterproductive to ***** and complain over things that are really, to be honest, quite inevitable for a while. Also, with 200 elo lost, that means you've dodged over 20 games. If you're not careful, you'll get busted for dodging so much. Then we'll have ANOTHER QQ thread about how unfair Riot is.

Seriously, bro: check yourself before you wreck yourself.
I relize may have said some things out of rage, however my point still stands I feel.

First off i'd like to say why are you bringing up how low my elo is at all (which it is at 1209 currently)? It seems like this would affect higher elo more than anything, because at higher elo the people you play against are better, therefore (in most cases) they will not be as easy to beat, and it will be much harder to carry.

Also I'd like to reword how i put things now that my head isn't full of anger:

My problem isn't that i lose 10 elo when i que dodge, but that I'm forced to play with a sub par team, it seems like if someone really wants to climb elo successfully you wouldn't want your team to be behind from the very beginning, and that you should be able to que dodge to prevent a loss because of a horrible team comp. While i have had games where I carry my bad team to victory, I am no gold or silver level player. I'm looking for a nice 1400 elo where i can practice my lane and enjoy the game without worrying about if they don't even have a jungler. I'm shure there is plenty of people out there who would like to raise that 100 or 200 elo so they can have a challenge in lane, but they cant because the people they lane against are at a level where you can out cs them, or have a kill or roam advantage, but you cant carry becuase of the people that simply don't want to win the game.

Yes you could say that "if you consistently win lane then the chances are your elo will go up more than down."
But it's just like that gp with 4% crit, you know chances are you probably won't lose lane just because he crit parleys you a bunch of times, but when you toss things up to rng anything can happen, and people just get unlucky.

While I was QQing when i created this post I feel my point is still valid. Your kind of being a d*ck saying that just because i'm mad and my elo is not as good as yours my words mean nothing.

Seriously bro: check yourself before you become a giant d*ck.

EDIT:im 1209 now xD

Pain Dominates

01-28-2012

if you're trying to make your argument sound logical you should at least spell stuff correctly like queue.
also everything karasu said is pretty much true, if you cant overcome stupid teammates then you're not going to get much higher in elo, so letting you cherry pick matches isn't going to help because you're not getting any better as you go up in elo.

iCoffee

01-29-2012

You're not supposed to call a lane and instalock in ranked. You tell the team what roles you can play, tell them what you'd prefer to play, and work out who's laning what.

Failing this, pick support. No one likes support.

Reprisal

Recruiter

01-29-2012

Check yourself before you wreck yourself?

Seriously bro, who even says that anymore?

Strikerfox

01-29-2012

I've never played rank, so I can't really argue about the merits of elo punishments, but I do completely understand what it's like to have someone instalock as a champ and demand a lane. It sounds like you were angry at a Nasus for something you did as Kennen. It is fine to be particular about playing a specific champ in a particular role, but you should not be particular about which role you play. In blind pick, I always pick last in order to help balance the team. Sometimes it works and we win, sometimes it doesn't and we lose, but we would have lost a lot faster if I had been selfish about my pick.

I'm not trying to offend you but you seem to be a bit of a rager. Even in a winning game, I don't want a rager on my team, they are not fun to play with. Just calm down a little, please.

Nerothos

01-29-2012

sry guy but of course you loose elo when you queue dodge. otherwise you could just dodge and dodge... till you get an enemy team with a bad team comb.
If you can only play one role or even one champ and dont communicate with your team so you pick what your team will need then your are just to bad for higher elo.... thats just the way it is and i dont think that there is anything wrong with this. the only problem this game has is that there are too many players like you who can only play one role...but thats not riots fault.

Spopvitch

Recruiter

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Dominates View Post
if you cant overcome stupid teammates then you're not going to get much higher in elo,
how can u overcome a last pick who is supposed to support and last second switches to a garen, i go 16/9 and bot feeds and we lose. please explain how i can get higher elo with dumbasses like garen

liquidstardust

01-29-2012

its elo hell bro u have 50% chance of autolosing