Hardcore ranked/draft exploit?

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CMHB

01-29-2012

So my team and I experienced something I've never seen in 5-man ranked tonight.

We got into champ select as usual and the bans went as normal. The other team banned Kennen, Shaco, and Sona. We banned Rammus, Fizz, and Ahri. Then we started making picks. Fellicia chose Morgana. I don't remember what they picked. Then we picked Cho and Skarner. This is where it got weird. The screen reset like we'd just reconnected to champ select and started another match. The bans remained and we were prompted to select more bans. Some of the previous ban choices were unavailable (note that Fizz is missing, but Ahri is still there). Fellicia was confused and rebanned Rammus. They banned Morgana (note: our pick from last time). We banned Alistar. They banned Tryn. We banned Ryze. They banned Skarner (another of our picks from last time).

Screenshots of champ select:

http://i.imgur.com/t3FU0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sbqAP.jpg

At load screen we all showed as joining the game normally but one player on our team didn't connect until about a minute or two into the match. Most of us experienced severe lag. Due to their team comp, confusion, and connection issues we were basically screwed and they snowballed so hard that I went afk and started working on this post around 14 minutes in.

I don't remember when we noticed their team name but it's sketchy as **** and heavily hints that there was some kind of intentional shenanigans on their end. See here: http://i.imgur.com/pAyj4.jpg

On top of all that the players were rude and harassed us in chat the entire game, and after. http://i.imgur.com/q7fXr.jpg

So, what the actual **** happened here?

Edit: Dear god the internet loves some potential controversy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHB View Post
Should remind everyone that even though my team and I are annoyed with what happened, there isn't any solid evidence that the other team cheated. We just want to know what's going on and if this could please get fixed. I honestly wanted to queue dodge when I saw how messed up the ban screen was didn't because I knew it'd impact our ELO to do so. I just want to make sure nobody else gets screwed over or confused until this is fixed.

Whether or not the other team is responsible is secondary.
I've been leaning towards the possibility that the team we got paired with just coincidentally had a name that looked really bad in light of the situation. Also they happened to be huge sperglords as well, which didn't help the issue.

MV101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-29-2012

Antibanshaco lol

Subtlepunk

01-29-2012

What the eff?

Edgecrusher021

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

Yeah, their name suggests that they found a way to bypass Riot's ban system. The failed to make it seem like an accident and drew attention to themselves. If a Rioter reviews this case they can expect bans due to violating the EULA.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

01-29-2012

I hope they get perma-banned, I really do.

√úbersaurus Rex

01-29-2012

IP ban.

Lord GiantR

01-29-2012

Well this looks very strange. I hope it get looked upon and made a swift decision.

brynsul

01-29-2012

want to see red on this.

Zoseph

Recruiter

01-29-2012

Please contact some Riot staff about this, I would love to see these people banned.

Talby

01-29-2012

bumping. assuming riot wont respond like they do to most things :\

12345 ... 11