Different Forms of Pinging

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

robz0r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-25-2009

As per Adjudicator Round up:

Just a request for a Left/Right click for Pinging or alternate buttons for pinging, then you can have 1 Defensive type warning and 1 offensive type warning, 2 different sounds would be ideal. This way you can communicate a bit more effectively with the same type tool.

Often times I ping 2 objects, IE 2 different heroes, if i want 1 as a primary and one as a secondary id have to type to be specific. This got great reception @ round up as a very nice added option.

mothy

07-27-2009

agreed. the first thing I thought of when I saw the subject was also that holding down alt then left/right clicking would be 2 different pings. As for primary/secondary, if you need additional ping types there are always the ctrl keys to use with left/right click in the same fashion.

TyEzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2009

+1 that makes sense and it would also add a little more strategic depth in the game as well.. good idea!

FrozenStorm

07-29-2009

Totally makes sense. Something like a blinking shield vs a blinking (numbered for prioritizing?) Jolly Rodger vs a Blinking Sword, with a "Call to Arms" type sound for defending, a "Doomsday Laugh" for ganking, and maybe a "Chaaarge!" for a pushing ping as well.

Can't have too many, as that would get confusing, but having a primary/secondary gank target, a pushing notification, and a defending notification, I would be totally okay with.

something like (control, shift, or alt) + (1,2,3,4) + (left click minimap/hero) would be awesome, not too clunky, and help teamwork a lot.

Perhaps could isolate this functionality to just an "elected team captain", if people felt it was too obnoxious for all players to have.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

07-29-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenStorm View Post
something like (control, shift, or alt) + (1,2,3,4) + (left click minimap/hero) would be awesome, not too clunky, and help teamwork a lot.
We actually have a lot of these. If you ping an enemy hero, you get a focus target notification.

If you ping an enemy building you get a push notification.

If you ping a friendly building you get a defense notification.

They have different ping art (placeholder) and different sounds (placeholder) and different text messages that pop up (unfortunately, a bug in the latest build made them all a very difficult to read dark blue).

Chainyk

07-29-2009

It would be quite good ....if this all I could see see on the bigmap

FrozenStorm

07-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
We actually have a lot of these. If you ping an enemy hero, you get a focus target notification.

If you ping an enemy building you get a push notification.

If you ping a friendly building you get a defense notification.

They have different ping art (placeholder) and different sounds (placeholder) and different text messages that pop up (unfortunately, a bug in the latest build made them all a very difficult to read dark blue).
Ballin' Outrageous Lima Beans, I was unaware of these. Ignore my ignorance ^^ and thanks very much for thinking this up!