Any pointers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingIVXX

01-29-2012

My girlfriend has just started to play league of legends and I'm trying to teach her how to play. I want to teach her but I'm having trouble teaching her without sounding bossy. Do you guys have any pointers that might help me out?

St General

01-29-2012

Coop vs Bots easy

RearPillager

01-29-2012

Why do u have a computer in the kitchen?

ADGarner

01-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingIVXX View Post
My girlfriend has just started to play league of legends and I'm trying to teach her how to play. I want to teach her but I'm having trouble teaching her without sounding bossy. Do you guys have any pointers that might help me out?
Definitely start with bots. Inform your girlfriend ahead of time that you will only give her advice between games. Do not give advice, directions, or commands during the game. She's playing during the game and will not want to feel like you're judging her decisions. The judgement part is important. Between matches you might want to offer advice based on observations.

Try to avoid saying "I noticed you got crushed by Sivir cause you didn't build armor"
Instead you might open with "Do you want to know how you can lower the damage from champions like Sivir?"

The tone of your advice is critical especially when it's your girlfriend. Remember she probably knows you very well (hopefully?) and probably can tell if you think she is a noob.

Run her through the basics once.
1. The goal of the game is to destroy the nexus. To do this you have to destroy towers along the way.
2. You get gold by destroying towers, last hitting minions and monsters, and killing champions.
3. You want gold to customize your character.
4. Some items build in to other items.
5. When you die you grant gold to opposing team.

The last and most important thing you can do is stand up for your girlfriend during matches. League of Legends unfortunately has a strong community of cruel try hards. If she feeds bottom lane some one will almost certainly bring it up. It's up to you to simply tell them to stop calling her names or blaming her (even if it really is her fault). Warn them once. If it happens again bring up the Tribunal in /all. Some people seemingly forget that one team has to lose. Therefore one team will probably have a player that is weak or can be exploited. It is just the nature of a zero sum competition.

Good luck!

KingIVXX

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGarner View Post
Definitely start with bots. Inform your girlfriend ahead of time that you will only give her advice between games. Do not give advice, directions, or commands during the game. She's playing during the game and will not want to feel like you're judging her decisions. The judgement part is important. Between matches you might want to offer advice based on observations.

Try to avoid saying "I noticed you got crushed by Sivir cause you didn't build armor"
Instead you might open with "Do you want to know how you can lower the damage from champions like Sivir?"

The tone of your advice is critical especially when it's your girlfriend. Remember she probably knows you very well (hopefully?) and probably can tell if you think she is a noob.

Run her through the basics once.
1. The goal of the game is to destroy the nexus. To do this you have to destroy towers along the way.
2. You get gold by destroying towers, last hitting minions and monsters, and killing champions.
3. You want gold to customize your character.
4. Some items build in to other items.
5. When you die you grant gold to opposing team.

The last and most important thing you can do is stand up for your girlfriend during matches. League of Legends unfortunately has a strong community of cruel try hards. If she feeds bottom lane some one will almost certainly bring it up. It's up to you to simply tell them to stop calling her names or blaming her (even if it really is her fault). Warn them once. If it happens again bring up the Tribunal in /all. Some people seemingly forget that one team has to lose. Therefore one team will probably have a player that is weak or can be exploited. It is just the nature of a zero sum competition.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advise I think its really gonna help