I STILL can't figure out the new jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

It just sucks. Or I'm doing it wrong.
I've tried MANY things, like taking the 5% exp mastery (and missing out on offensive masteries in doing this) and it's STILL SLOW AS ****, the exp is so low the 5% hardly does anything for you. You have trouble even keeping up with a duo lane's exp. Unless you have AOE the jungle is worse for junglers (such as Fiddle and Warwick).

So much time has passed and I'm surprised something hasn't been done yet. :/

Also, if anyone can clue me into how to jungle successfully since the jungle changes it would be appreciated. And doing AOE champs like Udyr and Lee Sin is not a solution, what about the others with the "jungle" tag? Are they gonna be left out indefinitely with new jungler champs like Sej having AOE with the jungle tag? =.='

JDmino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2012

Who are you jungling with? I am assuming WW or Fid.

And what route do you follow?

Builds, Masteries and possibly runes might help, just post as much info as you can.

Ahkrisa

01-29-2012

well...you either need to stop wasting time waiting for a gank and either go for it and show some presence, or just leave and keep farming your jungle (there is always going to be 1 camp up by the time you get to them in order) also stealing enemy buffs/big camp monsters you get more exp.

i took to the new jungle with a bit more aggression recently and found it to Sometimes pays off to eat the enemy jungle more or just constantly keep yours farmed and cover lanes (oftentimes i'll swap out into lane with someone if I'm really far behind) you don't *Have* to play aoe junglers they just excel right now! Faster level 6 means faster stronger ganks etc. but those people that clear the jungle super fast don't have the best of ganks.

like put a wick next to a shyvana, sure shy will clear the jungle faster hurt a lot etc. she's great! and she's a huge dragon at 6 everything's gravy. now wick...wick hit's 6 and someone dies, i honestly feel that the first gank as wick is the one that defines you in the game either as a terror or an annoying puppy :\

so you take the jungler style that works best for you, watching streams has helped me a lot (recently m5's showing at Kiev was a great showing of jungling) but there are standard junglers like TheOddOne (he's often streaming so you can watch easy enough) but if you're still struggling just think of the role you want to play as a jungler and learn one of that role. Maokai is awesome for trying a very gank heavy jungler with a fast clear time!

so food for thought, ultimately pick someone you want to learn do your research find a setup that works for you and practice!

bornl3gacy

01-30-2012

Idk if you need AoE you just need to know what's gankable I play Maokai and GP alot as well Udyr and I got to say that as long as you aren't afk in bush waiting for the lane to push towards your side for the possibility of a kill then you're fine just go out and say "ganking bot" ping 9 times and gank it if it doesn't work **** go farm jungle and wait if they blow summoners early leave let them see you leave then gank again most people will run back to the minions like dumb asses so I net easy kills that way.

If you didn't feel like reading my novel to sum up most junglers are still viable but it all comes down to efficiency every second you aren't farming or succeeding in some form of a gank is wasted time so for the love of god don't sit in the bush!

carddog12

01-30-2012

look up guides on mobafire solomid.net or clgaming.com if your struggling that muxh maybe your just a crappy jungler

Hidden Sniper

01-30-2012

My problem is, I was able to go and jungle fine before but since the change I'm struggling when I have to be the one on the team to jungle. I guess counter-jungling is even more important now?

I don't watch streams, I prefer to figure stuff out hands-on and develop my own opinions and strategies rather than being one of those annoying fanboys who copy troll builds off streams, don't think for themselves and whatnot. I'll try that though this time.

UberZoonie

01-30-2012

Watching streams is the equivalent of watching a game of baseball, or any sport. Not only is it often fun, it will teach you a lot about how the best play the game. No one is telling you that's how to play the game, but when you have troubles doing something, streams show you a technique that is successful enough to be used professionally.

In terms of jungling though, the new jungle gives less experience, but since the camps respawn faster, you still should be able to make the same times as the previous jungles. If you're playing a champion who isn't the fastest (ww, alistar, fiddle), try to gank more often to make up for poor jungling speeds. Understand if your champion is better for ganking, or clearing, and prioritize from there.

Ouroborous HD

01-30-2012

this my sound stupid but i dont care it worked amazing for me. JUNGLE KASSADIN. rift in silence, slow, go crazy with netherblade, laugh in their face as they try to run away only to be hit by riftwalk again

Dark Kuno

01-30-2012

The most common path I've seen is Wolves-> leashed Blue-> wraiths -> wolves again - > red

That will put you at level 4-5

Then depending on health and lane status, gank or golems-> Wraiths-> wolves-> buy.

Some champs can/should level2 gank (Lee Sin for example).

Depending on whether you are using a manaless jungler reverse the order of wolves and red/blue.

Some champs (specifically Shaco) has a unique route due to the power of their abilities (boxes)

But that is the typical route you see in most games.

If you want an idea on the exact routes for a specific champ, go check Stonewall's vids on youtube.