Should Riot Buff Renekton at all?

Yes 789 72.52%
No 299 27.48%
Voters: 1088. You may not vote on this poll

Hi I am Renekton

1234511 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lizardons

01-29-2012

Let me just state I think Renekton as of now is a decent champion and by no means am I calling him bad. He is very underplayed champion with potential, but in the state he is at currently he can not complete with other tanky dps champions like himself. I think for Renekton to be viable in our current metagame he would need to receive some minor buffs.

Renekton is a very strong early game champion being a very viable threat. However his skills scale horribly into late game making renekton almost useless in teamfights. Some of the changes I talked about below can be incorporated to help renekton out in the long run.

"He just isnt as durable as other solo tops. If they made him naturally tougher in the early levels and gave his q some real sustain he would be in a better spot.

Renekton can still beat a lot of solo tops, but his risk/reward is way out of proportion. If the enemy is even half decent, it makes beating them in lane extremely difficult.

It requires you to be aggressive, forcing yoursellf into vulnerable positions to beat them. You have to push the lane to get fury, and you have to push the lane to get sustain."- Thane

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Renekton's Passive

The first thing I want to discuss here is Renekton's, "passive". Well he does not really have a passive. His passive gives him an extra 50% fury when below half health. This sounds cool but it really does not do anything since basically he gains an extra 1 fury for each basic attacks. Now this is pointless as 1 fury really is not very much and having to be at low health to get the bonus is horrible since you won't be alive to use the bonus anyways. This bonus will maybe grant you an extra 10 fury in a tight spot which honestly does not do a thing. This being Renekton has one of the worst passives in the game.

"Renekton's Passive, Bloodlust
So I've always whined and complained about how Renekton's passive is nothing more than a silly description describing his fury system. People have told me, why don't you think of something then?"- Zynro

"His passive mostly needs a minor change, it is nigh impossible to get fury in fights as fast as e.g. tryndamere, also Renekton needs fury for nearly all his skill for them to deal equal damage as other bruisers."- solidflake

Now my solution to fix renekton's passive is this: Make renekton have some bonus affect with above 50 fury. One possible idea I had was having renekton gain 15% lifesteal when above 50 fury. This was just one idea I had other people have their own opinions on how to fix the passive so it does something.

Cull of the meek (Q)

Now I do not think this move is bad at all but it could use a minor tweak. I think the lifesteal from this abilty should be increased a little bit to give renekton some sustain. Personally I do not have a problem with this ability the way it is, but a lot of other renekton players have requested this move to improve.

"It seems a lot of people are angered over Cull the Meek as well. So let me see these numbers.
Cull the Meek (assuming it's empowered), deals a base cap of 270 damage to each minion/champion not including resistances. He then heals for 10% of that damage, assuming it's empowered again. So if he does indeed do 270 damage, he'll end up healing a total of 27 health, multiplied by how many enemies he hit.
Now assuming there are 6 minions, 3 caster and 3 melee, you shall heal for a total of 162 Health.
Assuming again that there are only 5 champions around you, you will heal for 270*.4*5=540 health. Now the cap is 450. So you only heal 450. That sounds like a lot, but if you're in a situation around the entire enemy team, 450 is about 1-2 spells depending on the champion.

No matter how I try to think around this, you're going to get merced without much health gain no matter what you do.
So I suggest this:
Adjust the health gain cap by 50-100. This way no one complains he heals for more perse, but he does gain more overall. I still think the health gained from minions is a bit low, but in my honest opinion I doubt that will be changed."- Zynro

Ruthless Predator - The Croc Chop (W)

Renekton's stun in my opinion is one of the biggest problems with him. What I find so dumb about this move is how the cast time is longer than the stun when below 50 fury. The stun time and damage output are good but the cast time really kills the move for me. Basically in my opinion increase the animation time for this attack and it will be fine.

"Now, that's my first suggestion, my second is to tweak Renekton's Croc Chop. With an empowered attack, the stun lasts 1.5 seconds, that's fine and dandy and a mighty fine stun.
Only problem is, Renekton takes .90 seconds to bloody do the animation.
Now while the rest of my team can beat on the poor sod who decided to take a gigantic cleaving blade to the head, I am rendered useless for a better part of my stun.
All I ask is to increase the speed of the animation, so that I can actually do something while he's stunned, instead of appreciating how my blade slices." - Zynro

Slice and Dice (E)

I like this ability and I think it will be fine if it stays the way it is. Some people think it's cooldown should go down but again I don't think it needs any changes.

Also a lot of people complain about the range of the dash. Now yes the dash has a very short range, BUT you can use it twice when it makes impact. I personally love renekton's dash and I want it to stay the way it is.

Dominus (R)

Now this ultimate is often described as a lesser Nasus ultimate, which it is. Now the biggest problem I have with this ultimate is how it doesn't scale off of Ad. Why it does magic damage I do not get. This makes it so the ultimate is almost useless late game.

Honestly if this ultimate got stronger for the more ad you had I think it would be better and scale better late game. The late game is renekton's real problem and making this change would help renekton big time.

The rate of fury gained some people have complained about but I think that it is fine.

"His ultimate is a lesser Nasus ultimate.

I mean look at the big picture:
His ult grants him a max of 600 Health and 100 Magic Damage per second, plus 5 fury a second.
Nasus gains also 600 Health, converts damage into attack power, AND does a RATIO-based sunfire damage.
If an enemy has 3000 health, Renekton does 100 Damage per second (Assuming no Resistances are applied).
If an enemy has 3000 health, Nasus does 3000*.05=150 Damage per second. PLUS he gains 150*.0675=9.6 Attack Power. I'm not TOO sure how his Ult works though, so it might be that he gains 9.6 attack power per second for the 15 seconds, not sure.
So there.
As an above poster said, perhaps some kind of Nasus-esque drain would be nice. Perhaps MR/Armour or Attack Speed. Something as a bit of an add-on effect.

Also note that his ult gains him 5 Fury per second for 15 seconds. So with a full-length ultimate with no hits, he doesn't even gain a full bar.
And then considering how fast 5v5 teamfights go, you might not even gain a total of 25 in the length of the fight." - Zynro

"His Ultimate scales incredibly poorly into the late game. OP's idea for a full rage bar for the duration sounds nice. I would also like to see some Resistances gained or perhaps some movement speed. Or perhaps make an addition of giving a boost of health based on a % of Renektons max health. You wont get much early game but late game if you already have 2500+ health you could gain another chunk of health if you have built into it." - Altorr

I have so many problems with this ultimate. It is ok early game but late game it falls so much it is not even funny. I know renekton is an early game champion but this ultimate literally does not do anything late game. The hp bonus and damage is bad and the fury generation is still not that high. This ultimate Riot needs to rework since it is just plain bad.

Now these are just a few changed I think will make renekton a better choice in our metagame. Hopefully if we can get this topic some attention, Riot might tweak renekton a bit.

Renekton does need buffs. While Renekton is not a bad champion basically every other tanky DPS champion does his job a lot better. I mean why choose renekton when i can play garen, tryn, irelia or riven?

Lets give this croc some love Riot so Nasus really can not escape him forever.

Clockmaker

01-29-2012

I agree that the healing on Q is low, as it should be early game to avoid abuse, but late game it's an AOE nuke, and the healing is something that was just tacked on for lols. increasing the cap would definitely help.

his stun. what i don't like about it is the animation time, that is true. but, that animation time makes it very hard to abuse. 3/4 of your attack damage is channeled into the stun along with the base damage (which of course isn't very good). at level 5 the base damage of his stun is 135 WITH fury bonus. the stun is nice, but the damage on it is much too low for renekton. either lower the animation so you can take advantage of the stun or increase the damage, either from base or scaling.

renektons ult can do some serious damage, that is, if you can hold the full 15 seconds. yeah OK that's never going to happen. maybe faster furry generation and it would be fine.

renektons passive could be slightly buffed, maybe 1% extra fury generation for every 1% health missing?

this is just the way i remember him.

Lizardons

01-30-2012

bump

Lizardons

01-30-2012

Keeping commenting and bumping guys so this topic can get noticed

Boarding200

01-30-2012

Hi renk, i'm nasus. See you in top lane.

Lizardons

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarding200 View Post
Hi renk, i'm nasus. See you in top lane.
Well early game renekton can own nasus, but late game nasus is such a monster with his Q and owns everyone.

Lizardons

01-31-2012

bump

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

I think he's fine except for his passive. That could definitely use a rework.

Thané

01-31-2012

make his decaying fury increase his hp5 for a duration. since they removed starks, they should give his ultimate the armor reduction aura. now that would be awesome.

Ikarikun2015

01-31-2012

Agree 100%
Renekton is my favorite champion all time... some love to croc plz?

1234511 ... 34