Morgana - How to build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylumseeker

07-21-2010

At the moment im running 9/0/21 and ignite/ghost.

Items
chalice of harmony
sorc boots
zhonyas

Anyone got a better suggestion or anything? ive read the guides but most are very outdated now..

Shavebeard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

dude wat? how about moar than 3 items? chalice isnt to bad, also you should get som freaking CD reduction ****...how about rod of ages? good luck in teamfights when you die before your ult hits them twice

freakigod

07-21-2010

I like getting a early catalyst and sorc boots. If I am maxing the aoe first then I'll ussualy be the one pushing back lanes so tear of the goddess is a good investment. If I'm maxing the disable then I'll just complete RoA and make sure to conserve mana for teamfights, getting zonya's after the RoA to really demolish.

starmonkey

07-21-2010

early tear works great on casters like morg

rylai's also great later for slows on your soil (handy for slowing down fleeing champs cause it's instant-cast)

don't forget magic penetration - keep an eye on what the other team is building

remember soil is great for strippping banshee's!

I also like deathfire for the CD and extra nuke

Fluffy1

07-21-2010

chalice doesnt cut it for morg, her spells are fairly pricely so a larger pool is better than regen, however 1 archangels staff solves both those problems. but morgs playstyle means you need a decent bit of tankage, a frozen heart is a great core item on her. the armour covers the weakness your black shield cant, gives great CDR and more mana to boot. abyssal scepter have good synergy with your your tormented soil and both those 2 items are auras so help the team. for health you want a banshee veil, rod of ages or a soulshroud, but get at least 1.

Asylumseeker

07-21-2010

Sorry. Should have put more details. Reason i only have put 3 items is that the games keep ending at pretty much that point and to be honest i just want a good item build to try.

My runes at the moment are

red - magic pen
yellow - mana regen/level
blue - cd/level
quint - flat health

So what about this build
Rod Of ages
Sorc boots
rylais scepter
zhonyas ring

Would that be a good build or something else be better?

edit after fluffy posted:
ROA
Sorc Boots
Rylais
frozen heart

health, mana, spell pen, slow, armor, cdr. Seems good to me.

Misbehave

07-21-2010

RoA is a must have same with sorc boots

Zhonyas is nice... but i also tend towards the Will of the Ancients.. its +15% spell vamp

with morgs passive takes it to 50% spell vamp on her DB... and 17% on her Ult and Soil PER PERSON hit with it... wich is really really nice...

last two spots i either go with archangels.... for mana/regen and extra AP

and gaurdian angel or more HP / Def items...

Optimus Prim3

07-21-2010

I recently changed the way I build Morgana - I was given a tip by another Morgana player. I think this build is really successful.
Starting Item: Dorans Ring - sometimes 2 Doran's rings for extra manna regen. It depends.
Next Item: Deathfires Grasp - Why? (And boots)

Well,if you can't afford it in one sweep you can still build into it and receive AP which is what you need as Morg. If you go straight for Rod of Ages I find it gimps your early to early/mid game. With Deathfires I have been getting alot more kills, which in turn gives me more money to spend on Rod of ages - which is my second item. Deathfires also gives you an awesome initiating move by knocking off 30% of your opponents health before you even start spamming your awesome mage skills. It also gives you cool down reduction!

Third Item: Rod of Ages although sometimes, if the game is going really well I'll go straight Zhonyas or Void staff.

Here's the thing about Morgana. Her job is not to tank, which seems to be the way alot of people play her. She can play a good support but she can nuke people to oblivion if you get some early AP. I've not had to go past these items in any of my games since I started playing Morgana this way but I imagine something like Rylais for the slow would be nice, and getting armor never hurts.

KillingGame

07-21-2010

Tear/Boots - Rod of Ages - Sorcerers Shoes - Glacial Shroud - Archangel Staff

as a base build, then whatever depending on the situation, or just get a Zhonya.

Brodin

07-21-2010

Meki (into chalice when you need it) - Boots1 - Hextech Revolver - Kage's Pick - Upgraded Boots - DFG - Banshee's or Lich Bane depending on offensive or defensive focus. Sometimes I turn the revolver into Will of the Ancients if theres at least 2-3 others on my team that benefit heavily from the ap and spell vamp.

I take clarity for early spell harassment.