Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Urgot counters

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InglouriousCobb

Recruiter

01-29-2012

Sivir usually does pretty well if they are good with her spell shield. I also have problems with Skarner, he can close the gap and do tons of damage while using his Crystalline Exoskeleton to block damage from the Acid Hunters. Malphite can soak up a ton of damage with his passive. Otherwise ganking is the best way to beat him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

Senior Member

01-29-2012

Urgot doesn't fall off late if you build him correctly. Jus' sayin'


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

Senior Member

01-29-2012

Quote:
Nekrogen:
Urgot doesn't fall off late if you build him correctly. Jus' sayin'


thornmail says hello.

urgot is a fantastic laning champ but he is by no means a great 1v1 dueler.after some items, kog/cass should be able to take him out fairly quickly. karth needs a bit more time but if the game ever reaches past 22 min and is still competitive, urgot cant do much about him.

urgot is tough to call sometimes since he snowballs so hard early that it makes his mid/late game look so lopsidedly awesome. if u keep him in check early, u should be able to turn the tables later


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JamesLeBoss

Senior Member

01-29-2012

Quote:
Larkhill:
thornmail says hello.

urgot is a fantastic laning champ but he is by no means a great 1v1 dueler.after some items, kog/cass should be able to take him out fairly quickly. karth needs a bit more time but if the game ever reaches past 22 min and is still competitive, urgot cant do much about him.

urgot is tough to call sometimes since he snowballs so hard early that it makes his mid/late game look so lopsidedly awesome. if u keep him in check early, u should be able to turn the tables later


Thornmail only reduces the damage from urgot's Q and E, it doesn't reflect any of the damage back.

Karth bot lane or top lane? I'm not sure how a suicidal AP champ like Karthus would be played.

Urgot has a weak early game if you build manamune.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

socillion

Junior Member

01-29-2012

Quote:
Larkhill:
thornmail says hello.

urgot is a fantastic laning champ but he is by no means a great 1v1 dueler.after some items, kog/cass should be able to take him out fairly quickly. karth needs a bit more time but if the game ever reaches past 22 min and is still competitive, urgot cant do much about him.

urgot is tough to call sometimes since he snowballs so hard early that it makes his mid/late game look so lopsidedly awesome. if u keep him in check early, u should be able to turn the tables later


Urgot beats Karthus by kiting, I think.

1v1 Urgot vs Cass, I've won as Urgot every time by getting an early QSS. I don't think they were very good, though.

After last whisper + rank5 grenade, Urgot ignores about 2/3 of any armor you buy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MVpmack

Senior Member

01-29-2012

Urgot cannot really push the lane; his autoattack is slow by default and he needs to spend every grenade cooldown on harass. The 11 second cooldown is a big deal. Just juking one makes it very easy to get bullied and your shield isn't very thick if you are leveling Q.

The answer to Urgot is safely pushing the lane. Don't get hit by the grenade! If you're having trouble dodging the grenade, just get better. It's not even about boots, although they help. I've beaten Urgot as Mordekaiser opening revolver first, because I knew where he'd shoot the grenade. Dodge it! If you can make him miss with over 50% of his grenades, you're well on your way to winning the lane.

Spellvamp or lifesteal (for ranged AD champions) are both kind of important to recoup any mistakes. If you can avoid the grenade, you can beat Urgot. Pay attention to his movements; if he moves in an obviously aggressive manner, get ready to juke! If he's good at hiding his movements (deliberately walking forward and doing nothing), learn his patterns!

However, really the best advice is simplest. Dodge the grenade; if you're having a lot of trouble with Urgot, this is your problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talith PA

Senior Member

01-29-2012

Still haven't lost to Urgot as Ahri.


123