Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New champions in Ranked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumnix

07-21-2010

I have no idea whether or not this suggestion has been already mentioned so don't hesitate to tell me so.

Anyway as we all know there are multiple players that QQ about Xin who is the newest champion in LoL. What we see is complaints about over powered-ness in these new champions all the time, even before Season 1.

So to keep this short here is what I've been thinking. I suggest that everytime a new champion is released, it should not be released in Ranked Games but only in Normal Games until players are happy with balancing issues.

Let's face it, Riot isn't perfect. We've seen our favorite champions change in every patch to balance gameplay. When Riot releases a new champion they cannot perfectly see whether or not the champion will be balanced out with other champions.

So what do you guys think?

AgriasO

07-21-2010

I believe that Riot previously said they were going to do something along these lines, although I'm unaware of what happened.

I'm sure if the trend continues, and in all honesty it probably will and because of that; I wholeheartedly agree, although I love most of the new champions and never really experience enough of the that supposed OP factor most of these champions have... I admit to some moments where I experience incredibly high burst or heart wrenching close calls that make me miss out on kills.. It's a part of the game and you've got to keep playing until everything is fixed.

I think that implementing a system like the one you mentioned would provide most champions with a unique grace period. They really couldn't be abused in ranked games were they 'too powerful' and as they endured for a bit within the normal games and as more people got used to how they worked... They could be inched into ranked games with nerfs, buffs, or no changes at all and we all get along happily.

elWhiteNinja

07-21-2010

There is a poll and a longer thread about this right here

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=175361 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=175361)