Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you like being able to dodge champion selection without getting a time penalty?

No, I like the penalty. People have to play with the people they're matched with 20 40%
No, I don't mind the penalty at all. 9 18%
Yes, I would like being able to leave a queue without waiting for another one. 21 42%
Voters 50 .

Is Queue Dodging really THAT big of a deal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

live4lax

01-28-2012

Dear Riot,

I completely understand and LOVE the fact that you punish players for rage quitting games and for afking. My ONLY question that I have about your policy is WHY do you punish players with a time limit for leaving a game BEFORE the game ends.

I'll admit I do more than my fair share of queue dodges, but I simply refuse to play on a team with a team comp that I just know isn't going to win. I'd rather queue dodge, wait 5 minutes, then try again rather than play who knows how long with 4 ad carries.

It's also frustrating having to wait for the time limit after queue dodging when you see a friend log in and you want to play with him.

I really don't thinking leaving a queue is that big of a deal... and I'm sure it would promote better team comps, and less frustration. I mean, if two people want mid, because of the queue dodge penalty; they will BOTH go mid. Neither of them will dodge because there is an ELO hit for ranked games, and you have to wait before you can join another queue.

Just my two cents.

Let me know what you guys think,

-live4lax

Edit: I guess you can vote on this one, but I'm going to repost this to the general discussion board. I forgot I was in HUD section. Sorry fella's. If anybody has the power to delete this post I wouldn't mind it coming down. xD

Nearbeer

01-30-2012

Because players could abuse it easily, just join and quit, join and quit, repeat.

Hexeroni

01-30-2012

Quote:
Nearxbeer:
Because players could abuse it easily, just join and quit, join and quit, repeat.

Either that, or people refusing to play a role they need to play leading to 40 minutes of arguments and reports getting people banned for a game they knew they would lose due to bad players that only think of themselves.

krisam

01-31-2012

and here i tought we played for fun. i have fun in games i lose too.

PlagueFather

02-01-2012

The thing with this issue is people, no matter what, WILL abuse the system...especially in draft. What really should be implemented is a stage timer. Like so:
1 dodge-no penalty
2 dodges (within 5 minutes)- 1 minute penalty
3 dodges (within 5 minutes)-3 minute penalty, and so on. So people won't be influenced to troll and sorts like that. Usually when I dodge I find a great game within the 5 minutes afterwards, so It's less of a chance of you still getting matched with people who either are trolling, pick unnecessary champs, or are just unskilled (for your ELO).

Aaliah

02-02-2012

I myself don't like the idea of somebody accepting to proceed to champion selection and being able to quit freely, but I wanted to be given the option to not proceed instead of just either proceeding or finishing what I am doing.
My point here is, if you select co-op vs. AI in Summoner's Rift with intermediate lvl bots, you'll get in a game instantly, no chance of changing your mind, and I've been through a couple situations where I though "hey i should go PvP instead" and instantly get into an co-op game.
I know we should think a little before getting into a game, but sometimes we change our minds about that and want to be able to move to another game.

fiicere

02-05-2012

The problem is one of probabilities. Lets say that 1 in 10 times I don't like the team comp. Then I'd dodge and come back later. But with 10 people (both teams), we'd end up cancelling 80% of games because SOMEONE doesn't want to play.

Queue dodging affects not only you, but also 9 other people. This is the reason why Riot penalizes it.

DigitalMan

02-05-2012

It would be better off just implemented differently. Initialize the champion select, but let anyone who isn't locked-in come and go as they please. Then you can discuss exactly who gets to be mid (as way too many people get overzealous about this), balance ranged/melee and AD/AP, and so forth.

Also, thankfully, I now have two champions I'm competent with, instead of one. But if I'm specifically playing to test out a new build on one champion, how many rounds am I supposed to sit through, in a row, where I have to use the other champion because someone picked the one I wanted?

Oß3Y

02-06-2012

Quote:
live4lax:
Dear Riot,

I completely understand and LOVE the fact that you punish players for rage quitting games and for afking. My ONLY question that I have about your policy is WHY do you punish players with a time limit for leaving a game BEFORE the game ends.

I'll admit I do more than my fair share of queue dodges, but I simply refuse to play on a team with a team comp that I just know isn't going to win. I'd rather queue dodge, wait 5 minutes, then try again rather than play who knows how long with 4 ad carries.

It's also frustrating having to wait for the time limit after queue dodging when you see a friend log in and you want to play with him.

I really don't thinking leaving a queue is that big of a deal... and I'm sure it would promote better team comps, and less frustration. I mean, if two people want mid, because of the queue dodge penalty; they will BOTH go mid. Neither of them will dodge because there is an ELO hit for ranked games, and you have to wait before you can join another queue.

Just my two cents.

Let me know what you guys think,

-live4lax

Edit: I guess you can vote on this one, but I'm going to repost this to the general discussion board. I forgot I was in HUD section. Sorry fella's. If anybody has the power to delete this post I wouldn't mind it coming down. xD

This is not an in-game hud lol

Shion SinX

02-06-2012

what about not giving a time block and still give the lose AND quit and ELO loss?

so if your team picked 3 junglers or 4 AD carries you just quit as it was a lose anyway and queue again, but still get something bad as 'reward'.