To Counter Xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unrested

07-20-2010

i like playing Xin, and ive played againts xin.
Basicly , XIn gives problem just as how shaco/zillean and kat gives problem (eg soloing mid againts them)
i dun think xin is OP , but. weather he get a nerf bat or not it doesnt really matter to me.
How to counter Xin:
Exhaust is a good summoner spell on him, so as cleanse etc, but not everytime u will b having this summoner spells, and u dun wanna pick this up just for him.

early game, lets say ur soloing.

If ur a caster, ur best bet is to waste all your Mana on him,keep nuking him down and auto last hit creep for gold. your challenge here is to b out of range and nuke him, until ur next nuke cooldown is available. If he starts to play defensive. u continue the same phase. If u fail to harrass,that would mean he out harrass u by not feeding u, due to....his charge etc.

a tank xin often tries to harrass with charge, and he tends to have more mr/armor. If his AS/ADxin, im pretty sure its a 50/50 if its 1v1. if his a tank...u got to play more nukes. care that he will watch u go OOM

IF its a 2v2 lane,

ofcourse u got to see whos the squishiest. eg zillean + xin, ur gona want to target zillean first. But theirs another way to counter xin, is to have both nuking xin down. IF xin is on low health, and playing defensive, heres ur chance to get zillean, in that momment Xin wud not b able to back up his fren that much. Even if he does, Xin has totally no escape abilities.

Middle game / late game,

often rammus owns xin. and i find it very funny that xin is actually so easily countered. Just by a torn mail, it is good againts xin, and prolly his other team mate. remember that Xin's Q does not add dmg by any AD/AP etc, his charge is AP, and he cant increase the dmg of his ULTI . Basicly this means getting more hp againts Xin isnt that useful as to getting ARMOR, his charge AP deals almost no dmg againts anyone who has middle MR, his Q...its decent, nothing much,and with ARMOR, his ULti only deals like...15-20% dmg at max?

ive had a game where we all got thorn mail and xin became useless, ppl might think 2k is expensive to counter xin, but i think its reasonable. Eg look at eve, ppl buy oracle and its so hard for eve to counter, and everyone that plays eve complaints back in champion feed back.

Last,

If xin goes MIA, think of XIn as Shaco or AKALi.

i realize ppl often play more defensive when Shaco or Akali MIA, but not XIN.
i think this is bcoz XIn is a new champ, ppl are not use to...having a new SHaco going Mia and ganking. i do not think he deserve the nerf, YETT...but , watever....

SO ITEMS TO COUNTER XIN :

i wud reccomend THorn mail / warden mail ( whenever he atk u, with his high AS, his atk/movment often get slowed )

IF lane?

treat him as shaco, nuke him till he cant back up his team mate.

Comment on Xin:

i use to have a hard time againts zillean / heimer / pantheon. so.....thats ur challenge againts Xin.

rumsey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2010

Besides the horrible english, this is pretty much how to counter xin. If you're a caster expend all mana nuking him at all times, keep Xin on the defensive. If you just try to trade creeps with him, when he hits 3-4 he WILL gank you (ad/as xin) so you have to have his hp low when this happens to neutralize this threat. Early game is very important against xin, don't feed him.

Oddballl

07-21-2010

As a rammus player, I tend to eat Xin's for breakfast.

RailBladerX

07-21-2010

Personaly i think he is rather strong for what he is supposed to be, the reason Xin is op is the fact that he has...

a Slow
a stun
a dash...
high damage
and high Hp.

gee why don't we just give him every amazing utility in the freaking game.

i play mostly tanks so Xin is not a problem for seeing how i always have high armor.. but one of those utilities needs to be removed no hero should have all the utility mechanics in the game.

Unrested

07-21-2010

but u got one thing wrong , he doesnt have everything, his biggest weakness point of view that forces tank to be his best option is :

AS stacks better for reduce cooldown and CC only, none for ulti or dmg
AD stacks nothing, besides good to have having good AS
AP stacks nothing too.

so in the end mr and armor is the decent benefit for him due to his passive life steal.

and remember the last thing, he cant really increase his SKIlls dmg like Q or Charge or ulti. that is his biggest lost, which is why get the items i reccomend, and it will b gg

Quadrasauck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

So you have to make an entire thread laying out how to counter xin and your whole team has to buy thornmails to shut him down.... xin isn't OP eh?

LemmeEatYou

07-21-2010

Heavy carrys, good soraka, good tanks have nothing to fear from xin. I 3 shot xin as a crit build yi.

IceDive

07-21-2010

Xin presses W and then R in a teamfight, at that point, he has done all he should do. You can counter this only by not being too close to your teammates.

And yes, he is OP. I can build GA and BV, and my W/R combo won't suffer in damage output. He has a great initiating skill and heavy AOE damage based on opponent HP. He is OP as hell

Furpop

07-21-2010

No such thing as op just bad players

IceDive

07-21-2010

So whenever I play Xin I face bad players?